• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to commit career suicide - moan about diversity

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Mate of mine was legally registered as partially sighted (teenage cataracts) 20 years ago, he got a job with the council because he filled their disability quota. After his operation he joined one of the big 5 and became one of their top programmers.

We had a chap who was partially sighted and a copy of Dolphin and he was fine.

I would employ disabled people.
    But you and I are biased one way due to our experiences.

Unfortunately not everyone especially HR people knows someone with a disability they regard as "normal".
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Unfortunately not everyone especially HR people knows someone with a disability they regard as "normal".
      I was really upset they closed Remploy which seemed a really good way of giving people independence.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

So sad. I posted earlier, >90% of people diagnosed with Asperger's are unemployed. Yet many of them really are gifted in their own way and fitted into the right role in the right environment make a fantastic employee.
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
          So sad. I posted earlier, >90% of people diagnosed with Asperger's are unemployed. Yet many of them really are gifted in their own way and fitted into the right role in the right environment make a fantastic employee.
          There is no right environment for them. Its a "normal" world.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
            The cartoon is quite reminiscent of imagery showing internationalist Jewish villains suppressing the good honest ordinary Aryan. I guess it fits in with the alt-right narrative of 'gloablaists' using their politically correct SJW methods to destroy white males.
            Several conspiracy theories are emerging because of the memo to attack what ever are the tendencies.

The author was not fired because of the diversity. He was fired because he was using gender stereotypes to define career path to women. Sex discrimination it's against the Law <- Fact.

Note that we describe that the women have more talent for people, and man for things. Leading roles have all to do with people and communication, not with things <- Fact and a shoot in his foot.

Quotas are not to hired incompetent women or race, it's when you have 2 CVs with same the skills avoid to reject the one based on stereotypes.

This is quite simple, only sexist and racist are doing a big deal with this, probably moved by ignorance.

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
              Sex discrimination it's against the Law <- Fact.
              Not if women discriminate against men <- Fact

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
                Several conspiracy theories are emerging because of the memo to attack what ever are the tendencies.

The author was not fired because of the diversity. He was fired because he was using gender stereotypes to define career path to women. Sex discrimination it's against the Law <- Fact.

Note that we describe that the women have more talent for people, and man for things. Leading roles have all to do with people and communication, not with things <- Fact and a shoot in his foot.

Quotas are not to hired incompetent women or race, it's when you have 2 CVs with same the skills avoid to reject the one based on stereotypes.

This is quite simple, only sexist and racist are doing a big deal with this, probably moved by ignorance.
                WTF are you talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Why are you saying that?Do you feel discriminated?

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                  WTF are you talking about?
                  Yeah, it's difficult for some, that's the point.

Comment

It's been an interesting exercise in proving that intelligence and ignorance can be diametrically opposed when ideology is involved.

I hope some of the wisdom shared here helps someone.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Agreed. There are even UK laws which discriminate against men and/or favour women though so it goes further and is actually state sanctioned discrimination against men.

Comment

Working...
                      X