• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Grenfell rehousing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    1. You can prove that? Or do they redirect most of their mail or have mail sent to another address despite being registered at that one. So in 2010 they got a council property and registered their Mobile Phone, car, Energy, employment & so on there. In 2014 they move in with their girlfriend / boyfriend and redirect the most pressing mail or register at a new address?

2. OK so if you suspect its being sub let you can send a registered mail to the house and check the signature. Turn up to the benefit office in 3 days or we sanction you.

3. If you have had friends living 5 to a room in a B&B being attacked by other residents a Haven style mobile home / Chalet site with security guards & daily mandatory classes would be very attractive. We are talking about those that have been unable to get a job in 2 years.
    WTF are you on about?
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The 21st floor - BBC News

Worth a read. Real people, with real stories. Not political pawns.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

It did surprise me. I thought the entire block was council.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          I've told people in real life and on here that's not how council housing works in London.

Everything is about location in London. So a flat on a tulip estate can easily be rented out in the right location.

Btw look up "Dame" Shirley Porter.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

Reading that reminded me of the testimony of the janitor at the WTC; it was shocking to hear that the resident WTC first responders
            were the first to leave building and took the keys to the locked doors with them. It was left to the janitor to unlock doors and show the fire brigade where to go.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Only 14 flats in Grenfell Tower were not in council hands - two were owned by housing associations and 12 had private owners. One of those was on the 21st floor.
              So 12 out of 120 were privately owned. You weren't far off.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                So 12 out of 120 were privately owned. You weren't far off.
                It starts as a small number and increases.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  Reading that reminded me of the testimony of the janitor at the WTC; it was shocking to hear that the resident WTC first responders
                  were the first to leave building and took the keys to the locked doors with them. It was left to the janitor to unlock doors and show the fire brigade where to go.
                  Indeed they were nice normal people and they got screwed.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                  X