• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Finsbury Park attack - terrorism or not?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Is the treatment of the Finsbury Park attack as a terrorist attack an example of political correctness and neo-liberalism, or is there a direct equivalence between that attack and the Borough Market, Westminster Bridge etc. attacks? I'm kind of leaning to the former.
    I don't see any difference between an extremist Muslim kill non-Muslims in a violent way with an extremist non-Muslim attacking the Muslims in the same violent way. The modus-operandi from both are classified as a terrorist act.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      I have a problem with unlimited migration that changes the fabric of this country beyond recognition especially when one part of a group want to kill you.
      The only immigration we have had that could have been described as "unlimited" is from the EU and even then the UK government is and was legally allowed to place restrictions on it.

Those from the rest of the world are subject to immigration restrictions.

I guess you simply just don't like brown people - though I should warn you some Muslims are white e.g. from the Balkans or white-looking e.g. those from Syria, Iran, Iraq. If you live in London or any other large UK city it means you won't know when you are interacting with a Muslim.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
        I don't see any difference between an extremist Muslim kill non-Muslims in a violent way with an extremist non-Muslim attacking the Muslims in the same violent way. The modus-operandi from both are classified as a terrorist act.
        That's because there isn't.

However in the minds of some posters here if the person claims they are Muslim and kills non-Muslims (plus a few Muslims) they are definitely a terrorist. If they are non-Muslims they are just mentally ill.

Comment

It's murder, big enough crime...

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            The only immigration we have had that could have been described as "unlimited" is from the EU and even then the UK government is and was legally allowed to place restrictions on it.

Those from the rest of the world are subject to immigration restrictions.

I guess you simply just don't like brown people - though I should warn you some Muslims are white e.g. from the Balkans or white-looking e.g. those from Syria, Iran, Iraq. If you live in London or any other large UK city it means you won't know when you are interacting with a Muslim.
            Fook you. You know exactly what I mean. Immigration into the country has effectively been largely unchecked. The restrictions you so proudly tout are not stringent enough.
            EU migrants can come and go, but there's no way you can tell me the influx of illiterate, non-English speaking spongers have been beneficial for the country.

I've lived in the East End of London for a while 25 years ago. It was changing then, I don't recognize it anymore.

Why don't they change the BBC show Eastenders to show what it really looks like, and to your last point, I'm married to one of 'them' foreigners.
            Last edited by MarillionFan; 20 June 2017, 10:46.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

That's because there isn't.

However in the minds of some posters here if the person claims they are Muslim and kills non-Muslims (plus a few Muslims) they are definitely a terrorist. If they are non-Muslims they are just mentally ill.
              It's terrorism if he's done it in the name of a cause as opposed to getting fecked off & committing a racist/criminal act. I doubt he's even mentally ill, he's just a knob.

Shouting 'God is great' as you kill people on the other hand

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Fook you. You know exactly what I mean. Immigration into the country has effectively been largely unchecked. The restrictions you so proudly tout are not stringent enough.
                EU migrants can come and go, but there's no way you can tell me the influx of illiterate, non-English speaking spongers have been beneficial for the country.

I've lived in the East End of London for a while 25 years ago. It was changing then, I don't recognize it anymore.

Why don't they change the BBC show Eastenders to show what it really looks like, and to your last point, I'm married to one of 'them' foreigners.
                I'm surprised that not more was made of Blair and Mandelson sending out 'search parties' abroad to recruit more Labour voters.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                  I'm surprised that not more was made of Blair and Mandelson sending out 'search parties' abroad to recruit more Labour voters.
                  It was the only way London was going to turn Red wasn't it.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                    EU citizens can't vote in General Elections.

Comment

EU citizens can't vote in General Elections.
                      These weren't EU citizens.

Labour 'sent out search parties for immigrants', Lord Mandelson admits - Daily Telegraph 14 May 2013

Comment

Working...
                      X