• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"I can still be Prime Minister. This is still on. Absolutely"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    If I had one, you'd probably do well to assume the opposite, based on my recent record
    I continue to bet on incompetence of the Govt

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      This plan is total fantasy...
      Indeed, but not without merit when you consider that Corbyn seriously hiked his showing by offering a similar fantasy involving the abolition of tuition fees.
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        Indeed, but not without merit when you consider that Corbyn seriously hiked his showing by offering a similar fantasy involving the abolition of tuition fees.
        Ah, but he'll be able to print money!

Comment

Ah, but he'll be able to print money!
          He won't need to, he has cornered the market on money trees.
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I continue to bet on incompetence of the Govt
            AKA a "dead cert".

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              Yes of course it would mean he would spend a short time as PM to organise a GE as happened in the 1970's.

It is in any case highly likely there will be a GE in the next 12 months, regardless of whether a confidence motion will be proposed.

This will be repeated until there is a government with a firm majority or a formal coalition.
              Agreed.

Comment

Corbyn vows to force May to resign 'within a matter of days'

Labour Party leader Jeremy Corbyn went on the offensive in an interview with the Daily Mirror on Saturday, vowing to oust Prime Minister Theresa May of the Conservatives "within a matter of days."

“I can still be Prime Minister. This is still on. Absolutely. Theresa May has been to the Palace. She’s attempting to form a government," Corbyn told the Mirror.

He plans to use the vote over the Queen's Speech at the end of June as his next attempt to topple May, who is barely clinging to power following the destruction of the Tories' majority at the ballot box on Thursday.

“We will – obviously – amend the Queen’s Speech. There’s a possibility of voting it down and we’re going to push that all the way," he explained. Corbyn says there's enough opposition in Parliament and in May's own party to topple the government.

Corbyn also said there's enough opposition in Parliament and in May's own party to topple the government.

Corbyn vows to force May to resign 'within a matter of days' | TheHill

Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post

Corbyn would need Sinn Fein. And DUP. Can you imagine Corbyn dealing with terrorists?

Comment

If he won a no confidence motion he would only stay PM for a few weeks, "looking regal" driving around in a posh car, attending summits etc to polish his image as a prime minister in waiting, then announce he needs a popular mandate and call a general election.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                      If he won a no confidence motion he would only stay PM for a few weeks, "looking regal" driving around in a posh car, attending summits etc to polish his image as a prime minister in waiting, then announce he needs a popular mandate and call a general election.
                      Yep

He'd then lose to a Tory majority of 25 odd as brexiters fight back and the Tories run a far more confident campaign under Hammond or Rudd.

Personally I think his campaigning skills weren't fully realised, he's a very, very experienced campaigner, it's what he does, but it's interesting to see that he's still not seen as the best PM, even in his moment of victory (ish)

May isn't a campaigner, she's a manager, and doesn't have the reach and debating skills that he has developed over the years.

All they really have to do is promise millennials a bag of cash and they'll vote for them.

Comment

Working...
                      X