• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Enough is Enough

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Amish aren't Roman Catholic, shows how little you know..

Oh, and the Roman Catholic Church didn't exist 2,000 years ago, so your FTFY shows (again) how little you know.
    Hate to agree with Diseasex but you seem to be wrong.

I think what he is trying to say is that the Amish are Insular and avoid their host countries rules not that they are Roman Catholic. Similar could be said of Judaism.

As the Catholic (Universal) church believes & preaches it was founded by Jesus then that is 2000 years ago, the basic form was there.

The Catholic Church teaches that it is the one true church founded by Jesus Christ,[7][8][note 1] that its bishops are the successors of Christ's apostles, and that the Pope is the successor to Saint Peter.
    The Roman name came later but it was the same organisation.

The use of the adjective "Roman" to describe the Church as governed especially by the Bishop of Rome (the Pope) became more widespread after the Fall of the Western Roman Empire and into the Early Middle Ages (6th-10th century). "Roman Catholic Church" has occasionally been used by the Catholic Church, including in documents produced both by the Holy See
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

I think what he is trying to say is that the Amish are Insular and avoid their host countries rules not that they are Roman Catholic. Similar could be said of Judaism.

As the Catholic (Universal) church believes & preaches it was founded by Jesus then that is 2000 years ago, the basic form was there.

Enough is enough... ...

one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

You are correct about the Catholic Church, that is why in my comments I used the phrase "Roman Catholic" i.e. Post 6th Century.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Skirting the issue....

We all seem to be skirting around the issue here which is religion. All of them. And I mean, all.

Let's become the first nation to be really progressive and ban all religions since every single one of them are nonsensical claptrap requiring their followers to have a blind faith belief in some non-existent deity.

I though we were supposed to be the highest form of life on this planet? Given the amount of idiots who are prepared to swallow <insert religion here> ludicrous fabrications, are we really sure about that?

Comment

Originally posted by billybiro View Post

I though we were supposed to be the highest form of life on this planet?
            What nonsense.

The earth and nature will recovery just fine once we've blown out.

Look forward to the day when the animals can take over again.

one day at a time

Comment

We all seem to be skirting around the issue here which is religion. All of them. And I mean, all.

Let's become the first nation to be really progressive and ban all religions since every single one of them are nonsensical claptrap requiring their followers to have a blind faith belief in some non-existent deity.

I though we were supposed to be the highest form of life on this planet? Given the amount of idiots who are prepared to swallow <insert religion here> ludicrous fabrications, are we really sure about that?
              Sounds like the England football team.

Maybe we should ban football too, an skipping, and cider without bubbles in?
              http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

I genuinely admire those who are quite positive their is no god or those who definitely believe there are.

Seems to me to be impossible to prove. Though I do object to those who treat scientists like priests.

*Generally* those who follow religion are more caring than others. Sadly when they go to extremes, it goes very wrong.

Without religion, the world would have alot less compassion in. Imagine a world full of sasgurus.....

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post

There's a very simple test.....

Does your "religion" require you to have a blind faith belief in something that cannot be proven to exist?

If the answer is yes, it should be banned.

Football and fizzy cider are clearly ok.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post

MF has banned skipping. Skipping as in exercise and also skipping lunch....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      I genuinely admire those who are quite positive their is no god or those who definitely believe there are.

Seems to me to be impossible to prove. Though I do object to those who treat scientists like priests.

*Generally* those who follow religion are more caring than others. Sadly when they go to extremes, it goes very wrong.

Without religion, the world would have alot less compassion in. Imagine a world full of sasgurus.....
                      You don't lose moral compass when you stop following fake religion. That's because they are fake. To control masses , make priests fat and to shield them from taxes nowadays.
                      Back in ancient egipt priests would take sacrifices in food for altar and then would eat "unclean remainings" . That Still applies today in one form or other

Argument that you can't disprove religion is laughable, same you can't disprove that there is kettle flying between Mars and earth . But you are fed the same lie for generations so you eventually stop questioning
                      Last edited by diseasex; 5 June 2017, 12:49.

Comment

Working...
                      X