• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Enough is Enough

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
    We need a modern alternative to religion for those in need of moral guidance, that is compatible with a civilised society.
    Ironically, we used to have that. Long before the crusaders arrived and forced everyone to believe in God and Jesus on pain of death, we had Paganism, which as a religion wasn't as bad as the nonsense we have now.

At least they worshipped some things that actually existed like the Sun and the clouds, since that gave them what was required to grow crops and have a bountiful harvest. Of course, it was when it all went a bit "Whicker Man" that it started to go wrong, but still, better than what we have now.

Comment

Is the rejection of scientific facts considered "religion"?

I.e. Anti-vaxxers or chemtrails - are they also religious beliefs? Their views fly in the face of science, and they ignore science in favour of their beliefs. They refuse to accept any argument against them, normally replying with e.g. :, because they haven't the ability to think for themselves, only reply with the responses they have been taught to believe by rote.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by billybiro View Post
        Ironically, we used to have that. Long before the crusaders arrived and forced everyone to believe in God and Jesus on pain of death, we had Paganism, which as a religion wasn't as bad as the nonsense we have now.

At least they worshipped some things that actually existed like the Sun and the clouds, since that gave them what was required to grow crops and have a bountiful harvest. Of course, it was when it all went a bit "Whicker Man" that it started to go wrong, but still, better than what we have now.
        Lots of dancing round naked with paganism, which can't be bad.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
          I've only met a couple of priests (fathers or whatever) and they where educated people. Really don't understand how they cant see how silly it is.
          Because they don't fancy working 9-5?

Fair play to them for finding a way out of the rat race...

one day at a time

Comment

We talk about science vs religion but I strongly suspect there are branches of science whose findings certainly do not preclude the existence of other dimensions.

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
              Nobody wants to ban religion . Want to be amnish ? Be my guest. Want to opress women, blow people up? No sorry it shouldn't be legal as ideology , just as nazism isn't .

I don't see why we would need to apply same repression to Jews as we need to muslism. They don't kill people , whereas Muslim book tells them to kill all infidels ,lie to them etc
              You need to learn more about the Amish.

As a woman I definitely wouldn't become Amish I would rather be a Muslim like Sadiq Khan's wife.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by billybiro View Post

The Real History of the Crusades

Christians in the eleventh century were not paranoid fanatics. Muslims really were gunning for them. While Muslims can be peaceful, Islam was born in war and grew the same way. From the time of Mohammed, the means of Muslim expansion was always the sword. Muslim thought divides the world into two spheres, the Abode of Islam and the Abode of War. Christianity — and for that matter any other non-Muslim religion — has no abode. Christians and Jews can be tolerated within a Muslim state under Muslim rule. But, in traditional Islam, Christian and Jewish states must be destroyed and their lands conquered. When Mohammed was waging war against Mecca in the seventh century, Christianity was the dominant religion of power and wealth. As the faith of the Roman Empire, it spanned the entire Mediterranean, including the Middle East, where it was born. The Christian world, therefore, was a prime target for the earliest caliphs, and it would remain so for Muslim leaders for the next thousand years. With enormous energy, the warriors of Islam struck out against the Christians shortly after Mohammed's death. They were extremely successful. Palestine, Syria, and Egypt — once the most heavily Christian areas in the world —

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
                  Because they don't fancy working 9-5?

Fair play to them for finding a way out of the rat race...

yeah but they have to work Sundays, suckers.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    You need to learn more about the Amish.

As a woman I definitely wouldn't become Amish I would rather be a Muslim like Sadiq Khan's wife.
                    What about not being a Muslim either and just be a women.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

History is written by the victors.....
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X