• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Enough is Enough

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    100%

I would also like to see the segregation of women and men in mosques made illegal.

What about faith schools? Ban the lot?
    Yes, I think having schools which require the students to be practitioners of a particular faith is divisive.

I grew up in a part of the country where there was no sectarianism but we did have a Catholic grammar school for Catholics only & that meant there were a few hundred kids in my town whose paths I never really crossed.

Not a good thing really.

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
      if you knew anything about islam is it controls every part of their lives...
      So does Catholicism, if practiced by true Roman Catholics.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        So does Catholicism, if practiced by true Roman Catholics 2000 years ago
        FTFY
        Oh there are Amishes etc but they are harmless. Islam is not and far more widespread

They can practice whatever stupid faith they can imagine. I don't care. But if they start blowing themself their only 'true' god (btw there are million others true gods) then there is a problem with that 'religion'.
        If any sect was taking your children and make them blow themself would you not ban it? So far I don't see any ban on that ideology.
        Last edited by diseasex; 5 June 2017, 10:32.

Comment

FTFY
          Oh there are Amishes etc but they are harmless. Islam is not and far more widespread
          Amish aren't Roman Catholic, shows how little you know..

Oh, and the Roman Catholic Church didn't exist 2,000 years ago, so your FTFY shows (again) how little you know.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Oh, and the Roman Catholic Church didn't exist 2,000 years ago, so your FTFY shows (again) how little you know.
            Trust me I know a lot about religions. I just didn't feel the need to bring christianity into this. The difference being clerks in middle ages were opressing people (inquisition etc etc). Here we have trend of ideology that poisons ordinary peoples minds and make them kill.

Comment

Or not to have muslim community at all. Problem solved.
              Seems a bit of an absurd over reaction.
              Been done before in Poland - not to Muslims, but another faith group. Perhaps that's his inspiration?

What about faith schools? Ban the loth?
              Actual schools - no. So longs as there are greater efforts to prevent Trojan Horse schools, such as those in Birmingham. I don't think you can ban religious instruction outside of the educational system, either.

if you knew anything about islam is it controls every part of their lives. From how to pee, poo, walk through the door etc to obviously 5 prayers a day. That just doesn't seem healthy to me, borderline of psychosis... Unhealthy to the point they decide to blow themself and other people up.
              On any criticism they react with immediate agression , and in countries in middle east with killing of christians revolts etc.
              If you knew anything about Muslims, you'll know that most of them do not pray five times a day, and that Islam doesn't control every aspect of their lives. Nor do most of them react with aggression in the fact of criticism.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Trust me I know a lot about religions. I just didn't feel the need to bring christianity into this. The difference being clerks in middle ages were opressing people (inquisition etc etc). Here we have trend of ideology that poisons ordinary peoples minds and make them kill.
                As opposed to the Roman Catholic Church's near institutional abuse of children and subsequent cover up?
                http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
                  I think we need to draw a line in the sand and give them the freedom to follow their religion within certain parameters - i.e. within the boundaries defined by the mores of a liberal, western society.

And apply the same rules to all religions.

e.g. No Sharia courts, no religious slaughter and come down hard on the stuff that's already supposedly outlawed e.g. female genital mutilation.
                  100%

I would also like to see the segregation of women and men in mosques made illegal.

What about faith schools? Ban the lot?
                  Are we also including the Jews in this as they have pretty much the same?
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

That told him.

It's religion. The vast majority of people who follow religions are moderates. Christian fundamentalists in the US have murdered pro-abortion doctors, but that doesn't mean your local village CofE vicar should be locked up or persecuted or even forced to "integrate".

The nutcases don't seem capable of seeing it that way.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

As opposed to the Roman Catholic Church's near institutional abuse of children and subsequent cover up?
                      Another story

Comment

Working...
                      X