• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Kicking off on London Bridge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    what difference does it make

Muslims should be reporting on any extremists in their community , that will make some difference.
    They did in both the Manchester and London cases you cretin.
    But they were assessed as being low risk.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Muslims should be reporting on any extremists in their community , that will make some difference.
      Both Muslims and non-Muslims reported them. One was even on a Channel 4 documentary.

The security services did SFA.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Kicking off on London Bridge

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Both Muslims and non-Muslims reported them. One was even on a Channel 4 documentary.

The security services did SFA.
        Impossibly hard task...
        Last edited by PurpleGorilla; 6 June 2017, 14:24.
        http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

1. I said it was a start not the complete solution in any form.

2. If the religious leaders start vilifying the perpetrators like this and the majority join them it will hopefully dissuade the bulk of would be jihadists and hopefully lessen radicalisation. The superstition of the these murderers should be used against them. If they think they need the funeral rites to go to heaven then that could be a powerful persuasive force.

3. If there are less then a slightly easier job for the security services.

4. This current state of affairs will not go away without serious collective input from all.
          But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
            1. I said it was a start not the complete solution in any form.

2. If the religious leaders start vilifying the perpetrators like this and the majority join them it will hopefully dissuade the bulk of would be jihadists and hopefully lessen radicalisation. The superstition of the these murderers should be used against them. If they think they need the funeral rites to go to heaven then that could be a powerful persuasive force.

3. If there are less then a slightly easier job for the security services.

4. This current state of affairs will not go away without serious collective input from all.
            The evidence seems to be that the Muslims are dobbing the dodgy ones - they just weren't followed up in these 2 cases, maybe due to a lack of resources.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Terror suspect thrown out of Mosque

and he was reported.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                The evidence seems to be that the Muslims are dobbing the dodgy ones - they just weren't followed up in these 2 cases, maybe due to a lack of resources.
                Unsure whether its lack of resources or they previously underestimated the dangers.

I mean the latest one was a few amateurs really, a hired van, fake vests and knives, but still deadly.

I think that the authorities need to take concerns more seriously now and don't just assume someone is only of "minor" concern.
                It can start that way and move on quite rapidly from there, IMO.
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                  Impossibly hard task...
                  Even PG gets it. You can't watch everyone all the time unless you're happy to live in a totalitarian state in the delusional hope you won't be next.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    I think it's more than slightly.
                    Ad hominem

"understood as a logical fallacy in which an argument is rebutted by attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, or persons associated with the argument, rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself"

Comment

Here's a question:

Are there any countries or regions in the world with between 5 and 10% Sunni/Wahhabi muslim population, that do NOT have a problem with terrorism?
                      If there are (and I don't think there are any) then what do they do to prevent the terrorism?

Comment

Working...
                      X