• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Laptop

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    Don't think that's an option with this client - I'm more likely to be a guinea pig - no matter how embarrassing the end results can end up being...
    Always has amazed me expensive contractor, client provides £50 worth of machine
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
      It's more software related - we have access to beta versions and often have them given to us with no say in the matter.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

From what I've seen at clients they do tend to buy a number of high end laptop's. I know this becasue I can see them on the senior managers and directors desks..
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          From what I've seen at clients they do tend to buy a number of high end laptops. I know this becasue I can see them on the senior managers and directors desks..
          FTFY.
          HTH, BIDI.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

From what I've seen at clients they do tend to buy a number of high end laptop's. I know this becasue I can see them on the senior managers and directors desks..

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Don't be so judgmental. Maybe they need it to watch the 4k quality videos in their private office.

Comment

FTFY

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                Don't be so judgmental. Maybe they think they need it to play Solitaire and book expensive restaurants on expenses from within the comfort of their private office.
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Mines a W530 with 32 Gb of RAM, I got used to the new keyboard, fine with it now.
                  It is bulky but was meant as a desktop replacement.

I did like the old keyboards as well, however.
                  Snap.

If you have a laptop backpack then it's not that heavy to take to client site (even with the 135w or 170w power bricks). I like both the old and the keyboards and there are rumors that there will be a 25th anniversary edition released at the end of this year that will bring back the old style of keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by redgiant View Post
                    Snap.

If you have a laptop backpack then it's not that heavy to take to client site (even with the 135w or 170w power bricks). I like both the old and the keyboards and there are rumors that there will be a 25th anniversary edition released at the end of this year that will bring back the old style of keyboard.
                    Indeed.

Not the lightest, but very rugged.

I can honestly say I have never been happier with any PC.
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Which thinkpad?

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                      Which thinkpad do you recommend?
                      I have a t420 which is truly bombproof! As previously mentioned by another poster there is the bigger screened t520. I almost bought a refurbished t520 for it's larger screen, but have no regrets with the t420. Plenty of independent reviews online, to verify just how good these machines still are.
                      “Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.”

Comment

Working...
                      X