• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How large a working majority will Tories get?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Why not?

You inflicted Gordon Brown, Tony Blair and Alastair Campbell on us. So you may as well make it even and inflicted some Scottish born and/or educated Tories on us. After all they may invent a new way - "the fourth way " I mean we are still suffering the effects of the third way....
    I am sure I had a fourth way with NLyUK once....

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Why not?

You inflicted Gordon Brown, Tony Blair and Alastair Campbell on us. So you may as well make it even and inflicted some Scottish born and/or educated Tories on us. After all they may invent a new way - "the fourth way " I mean we are still suffering the effects of the third way....
      How did I inflict any of them on you, you bloody stupid woman. Middle England voted for these idiots in their droves. I certainly didn't.
      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
        How did I inflict any of them on you, you bloody stupid woman. Middle England voted for these idiots in their droves. I certainly didn't.
        Exactly. You were busy peeling spuds at the time.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Exactly. You were busy peeling spuds at the time.
          Think you're mixing me up with Shaunbhoy's army career.

I ordered my chips in already peeled and cut.
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Image removed
            Actually, the quote can't be 100% sourced to her so here are some that can be:

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            Theresa May - 1988

I'd personally like to see the Human Rights Act go because I think we have had some problems with it.

I actually think I think better in high heels.

I think there is a break down of trust generally, between people and politicians. I think that's come about for a whole variety of reasons.

Today I can announce a raft of reforms that we estimate could save over 2.5 million police hours every year. That's the equivalent of more than 1,200 police officer posts. These reforms are a watershed moment in policing. They show that we really mean business in busting bureaucracy.

Local people do want to see more police on the streets.
            We export more to Ireland than we do to China, almost twice as much to Belgium as we do to India, and nearly three times as much to Sweden as we do Brazil. It Is not just realistic to think we could just replace European trade with these new markets.

But in a stand-off between Britain and the EU, 44% of our exports is more important to us than 8% of the EU’s exports is to them.

Remaining inside the European Union does make us more secure, it does make us more prosperous and it does make us more influential beyond our shores.

I believe it is clearly in our national interest to remain a member of the European Union...
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              We export more to Ireland than we do to China, almost twice as much to Belgium as we do to India, and nearly three times as much to Sweden as we do Brazil. It Is not just realistic to think we could just replace European trade with these new markets.

But in a stand-off between Britain and the EU, 44% of our exports is more important to us than 8% of the EU’s exports is to them.

Remaining inside the European Union does make us more secure, it does make us more prosperous and it does make us more influential beyond our shores.

I believe it is clearly in our national interest to remain a member of the European Union...
              The nation in question being Germany; we who have chosen to remain in the UK see things a little differently.
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                I ordered my chips in already peeled and cut.
                You forgot to ask them to be fried too...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                  The nation in question being Germany; we who have chosen to remain in the UK see things a little differently.
                  You do know that we could have remained in the UK while being in the EU? This wasn't a binary choice. In fact Scots were told that if we wanted to remain in the EU then we had to chose to remain in the UK - look how that one turned out

Comment

There is absolutely zero chance of Tories getting a majority. Their campaign did not even get started and we are already at poll stage. The manifesto was just a plain disaster, they could have just written one statement on it, "We are going to fook all of you".

By contrast Labour have gone from strength to strength, the manifesto was a roaring success and now the mainstream press are latching on to every word our leader Corbyn says. Absolutely no covefe for the strong and stable wonder woman.
                    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Tory lead slashed by 16 points, putting Labour and Tories on a knife edge

A bit worrying for the Tories given that Survation had them 17 points ahead at the beginning of the campaign.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X