• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How large a working majority will Tories get?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Aren't their parents you lot?
    Nope
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Our next Prime Minister.... possibly
      https://order-order.com/2017/06/08/1...ed-terrorists/

Comment

The perverse nature of our FPTP system is such that Labour will likely increase their share of the vote compared to 2015 (from 30.4% to around 36%) but will still end up with fewer seats than before. The problem Labour will have is that they will increase their vote in areas where they are already strong rather than stealing many seats from others. Marginals may well swing towards Conservative. That first constituency to declare could well show an increased majority for Labour.

In 2010, Lib Dem increased share from 22% to 23% but lost 5 seats.

If Corbyn does get more than 35.2% of the vote, that would mean a greater share than Tony Blair in 2005 when he won 355 seats.

I reckon Tories will go up from 36.9% to 44% and increase their majority slightly.

The FPTP system is woefully broken, but no party in government is ever going to change the system.
        Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
          Our next Prime Minister.... possibly
          https://order-order.com/2017/06/08/1...ed-terrorists/

Nah. It will be a Tory Saudi-Isis lover.

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
            The perverse nature of our FPTP system is such that Labour will likely increase their share of the vote compared to 2015 (from 30.4% to around 36%) but will still end up with fewer seats than before. The problem Labour will have is that they will increase their vote in areas where they are already strong rather than stealing many seats from others. Marginals may well swing towards Conservative. That first constituency to declare could well show an increased majority for Labour.

In 2010, Lib Dem increased share from 22% to 23% but lost 5 seats.

If Corbyn does get more than 35.2% of the vote, that would mean a greater share than Tony Blair in 2005 when he won 355 seats.

I reckon Tories will go up from 36.9% to 44% and increase their majority slightly.

The FPTP system is woefully broken, but no party in government is ever going to change the system.
            The Lib Dems farked up when they went into coalition.

a PR referendum was the first second third fourth and fifth red line.
            http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
              Nah. It will be a Tory Saudi-Isis lover.
              See, Corbyn put his support behind the IRA and ultimately they failed as a Terrorism force. At least May is strongly and stably backing current international terrorist organisations.

If Corbyn was that bad for the IRA, then he will be terrible for the country.
              Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Hung parliament, says the BBC exit poll.

I'm ******* shocked.
                When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

I'm still in there with my one seat majority prediction.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                    I'm going for 315 seats for the Tories.
                    Ha!
                    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                      I'm still in there with my one seat majority prediction.

Comment

Working...
                      X