• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How large a working majority will Tories get?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    OTOH, she made a total hash of the last Tory conference. PM is a whole new test. You never really know how weak and wobbly someone is going to be until they get the job and start wobbling.
    But is it better she can speak to the country or is it better she can speak to the already converted? Remember the Tories want power by hook or by crook.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      But is it better she can speak to the country or is it better she can speak to the already converted? Remember the Tories want power by hook or by crook.
      How can you possibly suggest that?

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...-election.html

Comment

Amber Rudd - Can go on TV and be laughed at after a recent family bereavement showing she is made of stronger stuff than her weak and wobbly leader.
        She may well lose the Hastings and Rye constituency, there seems to be a growing local backlash there against her:

One of the many signs in town...

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

If you're wobbling, you're losing; I don't think the audience really matters. All I'm saying is that, while Mayhem has set a low benchmark, I'm not sure Rudd would exceed it very much. Also, like Mayhem, I don't think she's a conviction politician, i.e. someone with vision. I don't recall any deep thought from her on what the Tory party should be. We've had too many managers as PM in recent years, rather than visionaries.

Comment

Theresa May - 1988

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I believe that May was giving one her little talks today, once again to the Tory faithful and invited only whereas that old man, well 10,000 turned out in the rain to hear him:

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                Brexit ensures that we're all losers. I agree that one scenario may be less bad than the other scenario, but as the option I want isn't on the ballot paper I figure there's not much to lose by voting for someone who genuinely is different and see what happens. If Brexiteers really did believe in wanting change like they claimed they'd all be doing the same.
                That's your opinion, I'm staying out of the Brexit discussion from now on, my views are clear - a little short term pain is a price worth paying in the long run, but I respect your right to feel differently. You really should be voting LibDem on Thursday, if you feel that strongly about the one issue.
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  Theresa May - 1988

The rightful Tory leader is lesbian and Scottish but she is not an MP.

Comment

The rightful Tory leader is lesbian and Scottish but she is not an MP.
                    Are you f**king serious ?? Ruth F**king Davidson ??????

Ruth 'The Mooth' Davidson, who, now that they've had to drop 'strong and stable' is now saying "A Vote for the Conservative party is a vote to make Britain great again". Holy f**k, are you actually mental ?
                    Last edited by TestMangler; 5 June 2017, 21:28.
                    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                      Are you f**king serious ?? Ruth F**king Davidson ??????

Ruth 'The Mooth' Davidson, who, now that they've had to drop 'strong and stable' is now saying "A Vote for the Conservative party is a vote to make Britain great again". Holy f**k, are you actually mental ?
                      Why not?

You inflicted Gordon Brown, Tony Blair and Alastair Campbell on us. So you may as well make it even and inflicted some Scottish born and/or educated Tories on us. After all they may invent a new way - "the fourth way " I mean we are still suffering the effects of the third way....

Comment

Working...
                      X