• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How large a working majority will Tories get?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem with all this is it'll only serve to encourage Tory voters to turn out. What we need is lots of polls predicting a huge landslide, and then laugh as Corbyn sneaks in.

I suspect it'll be a small increase in Cameron's majority.

I still haven't decided which way to vote. Or if to vote.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
      I don't see them getting 80+

About the same as now, slim majority, but a sore pair of bollocks to nurse going into brexit.
      Some long but good analysis here. I reckon he's on the money, but we'll see. I'm also hoping for a slender majority. The Maybot needs a good kick.

Comment

Hopefully zero.....

Awaiting total chaos.....

Good work Cameron

Last edited by oscarose; 5 June 2017, 11:24.
        one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
          The problem with all this is it'll only serve to encourage Tory voters to turn out. What we need is lots of polls predicting a huge landslide, and then laugh as Corbyn sneaks in.

If Corbyn does "get in" on Friday, the last thing I'll be doing is laughing. The only winners will be the trade unions, everyone else will "lose" to some degree, some greater than others. Those of us who work "off payroll" will be royally screwed, so some sort of hastily drafted exit strategy will doubtless be needed. In the meantime, I'll be praying for a decent Tory win, thanks. Anyone who disagrees with that can frankly do one.
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

hmm very interesting piece of news from our friends at the "Daily Express".

David Davis to be booted out promoted

I'm beginning to see Nigel Farage might be "turning in his" seat at LBC fairly soon. He might have to don his "Kahki" jacket after the Brexit negotiations.

Last edited by BlasterBates; 5 June 2017, 12:51.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
              If Corbyn does "get in" on Friday, the last thing I'll be doing is laughing. The only winners will be the trade unions, everyone else will "lose" to some degree, some greater than others. Those of us who work "off payroll" will be royally screwed, so some sort of hastily drafted exit strategy will doubtless be needed. In the meantime, I'll be praying for a decent Tory win, thanks. Anyone who disagrees with that can frankly do one.
              Brexit ensures that we're all losers. I agree that one scenario may be less bad than the other scenario, but as the option I want isn't on the ballot paper I figure there's not much to lose by voting for someone who genuinely is different and see what happens. If Brexiteers really did believe in wanting change like they claimed they'd all be doing the same.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                hmm very interesting piece of news from our friends at the "Daily Express".

David Davis to be booted out promoted

I'm beginning to see Nigel Farage might be "turning in his" seat at LBC fairly soon. He might have to don his "Kahki" jacket after the Brexit negotiations.

Nah, this speculation has been around for weeks. She'd be shooting herself in both kitten heels...just look at some of his tweets post Brexit. His views would put May in a very awkward position. Elsewhere, Boris is apparently retaining FS, which doesn't chime too well with these reports. I don't buy it - just internal "positioning", which has been going on for months, much like Rudd claiming the immigration target would be removed from the manifesto. Anyway, isn't Gummer in a highly at-risk marginal?

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                  Nah, this speculation has been around for weeks. She'd be shooting herself in both kitten heels...just look at some of his tweets post Brexit. His views would put May in a very awkward position. Elsewhere, Boris is apparently retaining FS, which doesn't chime too well with these reports. I don't buy it - just internal "positioning", which has been going on for months, much like Rudd claiming the immigration target would be removed from the manifesto. Anyway, isn't Gummer in a highly at-risk marginal?
                  With a bigger majority it won't be as awkward as it would have been.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    With a bigger majority it won't be as awkward as it would have been.

Agreed. If she has a massive majority, it's not inconceivable, but that will presumably herald a massive U turn on her White Paper, thereby condemning the Tories in the right wing press and in the next election in 2022. Anything is possible, but I don't buy it as likely. There's still a lot of internal conflict within the Tory party about Brexit, as evidenced by these "leaks".

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post

You must vote even if it's for a party who doesn't win the seat in your constituency.

Otherwise you are totally to blame when the UK fecks up whoever wins.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X