• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Got in car crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks all, going to sleep it in today ...

Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Clarity please - the damage to the Merc is on your nearside, were you travelling in opposite direction when the vehicle turned - in which case I would expect damage to your offside; or were you overtaking the vehicle when it turned right which would explain the nearside damage
    Same direction - it's one way road.

Extensive damage on passenger side of my car (it did not hit the wall) - he suddenly tried to change lane from left to right, evidently trying to turn into the road on the right - glad nobody was on pavement!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Thanks all, going to sleep it in today ...

Same direction - it's one way road.

Extensive damage on passenger side of my car (it did not hit the wall) - he suddenly tried to change lane from left to right, evidently trying to turn into the road on the right - glad nobody was on pavement!
      Nobody important, anyway.

Comment

Was he on a Sat Nav? "Turn right now".

My own hunch is that since SatNavs became the norm, the quality of driving on the roads has deteriorated as people blindly obey the SatNav and don't do things like check whether turning right will involve hitting another vehicle first.

Mirror-Signal-Manoeuvre has been replaced with SatNav-Manoeuvre.
        Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Maybe, I did not check inside of his car at the time - if it was me hitting him first then it would not be me ending up on the right side wall, where as he ended up in right lane (not fully - look at first photo), got witness who was driving behind me and saw it

Traffic was heavy - madness to try to change lane without looking, nevermind trying to get into that right road, what's annoying is that I managed to stop almost before the wall - when car was pulled I could see almost no damage to > shaped front number plate, bit ot was enough for airbag to get deployed
          Last edited by AtW; 4 May 2017, 09:34.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your incident. A total PITA.

Fingers crossed you don't insure using Admiral.

How drivers see their insurance costs soar after no-fault accidents even if they don't claim | This is Money

Comment

Originally posted by I just need to test it View Post

How drivers see their insurance costs soar after no-fault accidents even if they don't claim | This is Money
              The Admiral group of countries don't tend to like people born overseas.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by I just need to test it View Post

I am with the Admiral...

It's par for the course to hike premiums even if fault was not yours and no claim were made - that's why they ask to list accidents anyway! At least it's not my fault in this one and the other guy is insured with Hastings
                Last edited by AtW; 4 May 2017, 10:11.

Comment

I am with the Admiral...
                  Oh dear!

Good luck.

Have you got a courtesy car?

Oh and btw did you meet the DofE when you went to the palace?
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

That will t-cut out Im sure or checkout Arthur Tussik on youtube he is a body repair guy, he can make a what appears to be a complete right off look like a new car.

Comment

Originally posted by BoggyMcCBoggyFace View Post
                      That will t-cut out Im sure or checkout Arthur Tussik on youtube he is a body repair guy, he can make a what appears to be a complete right off look like a new car.
                      That's what I thought too, looking at the car. But I suppose it also depends on the internal damage.

(oh and "what everyone else said")
                      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X