• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Got in car crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad you are OK AtW.

Nice long bonnet to absorb the impact. Proves a sporty car is best!

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      I have some experience with write offs In all cases, the insurance payout has been generous, so you may be pleasantly surprised (albeit my cars were at the lower end of the market)

Crash for cash hey?

Comment

Now all he has to wait for is some person to randomly call up "I understand you have been in a car accident that is not your fault........"

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Always creates a bit of a 'moment' when you realise how quick these things happen and how different it could have been, glad alles ist gut.

Perhaps now is the opportunity to change that pocket rocket for a Chelsea tractor.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Good job you are OK AtW!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Nobody got hurt, which is the most important thing, second most important thing is that it was not my fault ...

Car which was on the left decided to suddenly turn right into that road that you can see below, that hit me in the side and forced off road,thankfully nobody was on the pavement AND my braking was quick - the speed at which I hit the wall was very low, but airbag got deployed. Don't know if the car is going to be a write off or not
              Clarity please - the damage to the Merc is on your nearside, were you travelling in opposite direction when the vehicle turned - in which case I would expect damage to your offside; or were you overtaking the vehicle when it turned right which would explain the nearside damage
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                It never rains but it pours.

I think we need an emergency CUK mates and beer meetup in Brum.

(You can come if you like AtW...)
                Lets do it at the Botanical garden

Comment

As has been said, main thing is everyone walked away. In such cases the old adage 'make a virtue of necessity' comes to mind. Time to head to Autotrader.

Comment

Glad you're OK aTw, shame about the car, but now you have an excuse to upgrade

Have a ground squirrel to take your mind off things:

England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                      Yay new car shopping time

Comment

Working...
                      X