• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract rates

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
    I'm in the lower group with no chance of making it to the upper one thanks to a series of dead end roles. I would like a role which actually allows me to progress onto something else. Unfortunately all I seem to end up with are ones where they give me a little bit of work which I knock out quickly and then nothing. I can't start loading sw onto their pc to train myself in the long quiet bits either.
    I used to try hard, to impress the bosses.. work quickly etc, work late etc. But you know what> they just want the results then they want to watch their budget... they dont wanna sit around and chat with, find out about your family and your childhood.. Sure they will while you work there, but as soon as you're done, you'll discover you have a 24 hour notice period in your contract and the only time you'll ever see them is on the "About Us > Photos" section of their website... you're gone, you're pulp.

Now.. I've learned my lesson.. now i rule the roost Now i tell them what to do, and how to act... 6 month contract so far and counting.. muh.. muhaha.. muhahaHAHAH
    To be or not to be... or get someone else to be, and take the slack for it.

Comment

Thats a few too many thats at that

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
        ..and you complain that your rate is tulip, some people eh?
        I dont complain, i just more... more... MORE!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
          Always sceptical of these people (name no names) who say they earning >£500 a day for modest skills, when the stats indicate a lot lower for their skillset.

Either:

A/ They are shagging the boss
          B/ They are billy bulltulipters

Funnily enough,my lad was my boss But that was back when I was a permie.

The last 3 gigs I've had have been £500, £550, and £500. Oracle Apps government gigs.
          Last edited by SallyAnne; 17 November 2006, 14:36.
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

I once got just over £50 per hour for 3-4 months doing 'consultancy' for a large corporate on a dead-end project with poorly defined deliverables that was little more than an empire building exercise for a load of middle-management bods.

The contracts I've done for other clients that provide genuine business benefits tend to pay considerably less, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne

The last 3 gigs I've had have been £500, £550, and £500. Oracle Apps government gigs.
              Oh where to begin...

Sleeping with your boss, sleeping your way to the top, the naughty secretary ???

Comment

I hope he was worth the night of "passion"

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco
                  Oh where to begin...

Sleeping with your boss, sleeping your way to the top, the naughty secretary ???

He was with someone else at the time aswell....it was all very tabboo! (not that I'm going to waste any more Friends lines on you!)
                  The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonic
                    I hope he was worth the night of "passion"
                    Why have you put passion in quotes?!
                    The pope is a tard.

Comment

He was with someone else at the time aswell....it was all very tabboo! (not that I'm going to waste any more Friends lines on you!)
                      Threesome

You have had an active social life

Comment

Working...
                      X