• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract rates

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tonic
    What does that involve? Not heard of that before...

It's a non-technical role.

The programme office manages the governance of programmes/projects.
    ie We make sure project managers report and control their budgets, risks, issues, changes, resources properly. Prince2 is probably the best known methodology, although there are quite a few.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead
      £30 - 40 bracket for me.
      http://www.itjobswatch.co.uk/ is the main site with all the data how much you should be earning per day I think...
      To be or not to be... or get someone else to be, and take the slack for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy
        It's a non-technical role.

The programme office manages the governance of programmes/projects.
        ie We make sure project managers report and control their budgets, risks, issues, changes, resources properly. Prince2 is probably the best known methodology, although there are quite a few.

You're a Project Managers Project Manager...... you must work for some large companies.

The company i'm working for atm thinks PM's are a hole in the pocket. Having met alot of them, i agree, they're useless. But thats in my field, i dont know about elsewhere.

It's good to know someone keeps a hold on them
        Last edited by Tonic; 17 November 2006, 11:55.

Comment

£65 - £75 + vat obviously

Oracle rocks
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

You're a Project Managers Project Manager... geez... you must work for some large companies. The company i'm working for atm thinks PM's are a hole in the pocket. Having met alot of them, i agree, they're useless.

It's good to know someone keeps a hold on them

Well, kind of.

It's a shame really there are some very good PMs and I've seen some rescue a few total disasters. But the good ones are very expensive and hard to find.

Comment

I was in the higher bracket but seemed to have slipped into the
              Milan range - 4 to 5 quid an hour.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

http://www.itjobswatch.co.uk/ is the main site with all the data how much you should be earning per day I think...
                Yep, bang on the money and I don't have to live and work in London.
                Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy
                  Well, kind of.

It's a shame really there are some very good PMs and I've seen some rescue a few total disasters. But the good ones are very expensive and hard to find.
                  I've wanted to be a PM. But I'd rather be a head of development in a New media Agency. Control the dev team. Manage them. And handle the Account manager my way. That way i can look after the dev team, make sure they dont over stress or burnout with out need too, and can flatly reject or shoot down unnessicary (spelling is aweful) actions.

I've been busting a gut for a year freelancing all over the south, and long before that aswell. You just get tired of the same mistakes being made. Good learning experiance though, and you get the balls to stand up for good practice.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead
                    Yep, bang on the money and I don't have to live and work in London.
                    I work from my home office, near the beach, ( which isnt as ideal in the winter cos it's windy and cold ), but I do have to commute in to London sometimes. My current contract is in Ware, which is 4.5 hours train ride away! 3 trains too... each way..

Comment

What a crass thread. Having said that, I'm in a 0.5% trough, not a peak...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Working...
                      X