• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract rates

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tonic
    I work from my home office, near the beach, ( which isnt as ideal in the winter cos it's windy and cold ), but I do have to commute in to London sometimes. My current contract is in Ware, which is 4.5 hours train ride away! 3 trains too... each way..
    I've done my time contracting in the US, Europe and south of the border. These days I don't consider any contracts further than 40mins drive / train. I'll be working from home on my next gig starting January for at least a year.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead
      I've done my time contracting in the US, Europe and south of the border. These days I don't consider any contracts further than 40mins drive / train. I'll be working from home on my next gig starting January for at least a year.

Good going. You need portfolio to be able to choose contracts, or walk in to them. So experience is everything. I've just about built up my portfolio with some big names... so here's to the future..
      To be or not to be... or get someone else to be, and take the slack for it.

Comment

47 here
        whats the lowest you can do this for?

Comment

£50 at the mo.
          Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Always sceptical of these people (name no names) who say they earning >£500 a day for modest skills, when the stats indicate a lot lower for their skillset.

Either:

A/ They are shagging the boss
            B/ They are billy bulltulipters
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
              Always sceptical of these people (name no names) who say they earning >£500 a day for modest skills, when the stats indicate a lot lower for their skillset.

Either:

A/ They are shagging the boss
              B/ They are billy bulltulipters

Eww, shag the boss? Have you seen my boss? he looks the the fat computer geek from the Simpsons.
              To be or not to be... or get someone else to be, and take the slack for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonic
                Eww, shag the boss? Have you seen my boss? he looks the the fat computer geek from the Simpsons.
                ..and you complain that your rate is tulip, some people eh?
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                  If the money is so important to you, then you truly have a worthless life and should be ashamed of yourself.
                  I think this is probably the dumbest thing I've seen you say AtW.

If the money wasn't important I'd be permie.
                  Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

I'm in the lower group with no chance of making it to the upper one thanks to a series of dead end roles. I would like a role which actually allows me to progress onto something else. Unfortunately all I seem to end up with are ones where they give me a little bit of work which I knock out quickly and then nothing. I can't start loading sw onto their pc to train myself in the long quiet bits either.
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

When I was contracting (violins) it was always 30-40 (up Norf though), although I have known the extremes of 44 and (gasp) 15 - can you believe that the 'client' used to complain that I was costing them at that!

Comment

Working...
                      X