• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First (overdue) step is to prevent this tulip infection affecting the banking system - hence 100% capital requirements, there should be zero lending for such "assets" basically.

Second step would be to purge this infection in all the dark places where it's hiding (starting from big players like hedge funds).

Third step would be aggressive offensive operations lead by NSA/GCHQ against operators of the blockchain with an aim to totally stop their operations.

This cyber menace should be dealt with by 2025 or 2030 at the latest.
    Last edited by AtW; 10 June 2021, 18:00.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      First (overdue) step is to prevent this tulip infection affecting the banking system - hence 100% capital requirements, there should be zero lending for such "assets" basically.

Second step would be to purge this infection in all the dark places where it's hiding (starting from big players like hedge funds).

Third step would be aggressive offensive operations lead by NSA/GCHQ against operators of the blockchain with an aim to totally stop their operations.

This cyber menace should be dealt with by 2025 or 2030 at the latest.
      1) yea, nah.
      2) agree but hedge funds are not the problem in crypto - they can still manipulate FOREX or SPX so if you are against them, good luck.
      3) what is wrong with legal use of blockchain?
      4) yea, nah.

Comment

Can anyone recommend a business cryptocurrency account that has fairly simple onboarding process or point me to a thread where this has been discussed? TIA

Comment

Crypto Die-Hards Built a $90 Billion Wall Street on the Internet

Automated protocols running on the internet are paying traders to provide liquidity for unregulated, decentralized markets.

Money manager Vladimir Vishnevskiy can earn a negative interest rate for holding a European government bond. Or he can pocket the annual equivalent of a 20% yield for locking money up in one of the wilder corners of the crypto market, known as decentralized finance, or DeFi.

He decided to go for the 20%. “You can’t get those yields in the traditional space,” says the co-founder of Swiss-based St. Gotthard Fund Management, which runs a portfolio designed to squeeze income out of crypto assets. The strategy is so new that even Wall Street pros may have trouble wrapping their heads around it. Take what you might know about Bitcoin—that it’s a digital currency that exists only on an online ledger governed by computer code. Now make it even more mind-bending, and imagine the code isn’t just recording transactions. It’s running lending platforms, insurers and financial markets with little human intermediation. That’s DeFi.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...&sref=o1Dqf087

High time for sound chaps to have good golfing session followed by a chat over whiskey and cigars, after which whole machinery of the Federal Govt will #undef DeFi with extreme prejudice.

Comment

Crypto Lode of $100 Billion Stirs U.S. Worry Over Hidden Danger

Regulators are worried about hidden risks to investors and even the financial system stemming from a fast-growing corner of the crypto market meant to be immune from volatility.

Their focus is on so-called stablecoins, a form of cryptocurrency that has a fixed price, typically one dollar, and is backed by real-money reserves.“

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...?sref=o1Dqf087

Fking ban them already

Comment

I might buy some SHIB today
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Fking ban them already
                These posts are what keep me coming back here.
                AtW on Crypto

"Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  I might buy some SHIB today
                  I've still got half my DOGE bags staked on Binance earn. Waiting till I can stake it on the Ripple flare network which could turn out to be the mother of all DeFi networks. I wonder what the yield on stablecoins will be there... Getting about 80% on Polygon at the moment - in a 'safe' farm (Quickswap).

"Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by smudger View Post
                    Can anyone recommend a business cryptocurrency account that has fairly simple onboarding process or point me to a thread where this has been discussed? TIA
                    I used Coinbase Pro but YMMV.
                    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

“Around 2.3 million adults in the UK, or 4.4pc of the population, now hold cryptocurrencies, a jump of more than a fifth on the previous year, while the number of investors who regard them as a gamble has dropped to 38pc from 47pc.

However, the Financial Conduct Authority warned that the level of overall understanding of cryptocurrencies has declined, suggesting that some people who have heard of cryptos may not fully understand what they are investing in.

It comes after a raft of recent warnings by the watchdog and senior policymakers about the risks associated with cryptocurrency investments.

Last month Bank of England governor Andrew Bailey told consumers investing in cryptocurrencies that they should be prepared to lose all of their money.

Meanwhile the FCA said that an "unprecedented number" of crypto firms were withdrawing applications from a temporary permit scheme after failing to comply with UK anti-money laundering rules.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...despite-risks/

They just applied to get temp permit to claim legitimacy in this scam, everybody in FCA should be sacked for allowing this to happen

Comment

Working...
                      X