• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
    Where does the 10k come from, by the way?
    (EDIT: the wall is 2/3 gone now )
    He who seems to know everything, PBC of course. Did I not share that report?
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      He who seems to know everything, PBC of course. Did I not share that report?
      I don't recall seeing it if you did
      Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
        I don't recall seeing it if you did
        oh.. well it's a buy up until $1500.

This is so cool - want to get the 200k package... perhaps we should run a syndicate?

Cindicator Packages

Cindicator offers several trading packages. The more tokens you use per package, the more services you receive. If you want to know how Cindicator will make money, then you need to understand what each package entails.

Beginner Package: 5,000 tokens will cost you around $350 at current prices. That will get you access to the Beginner Package. This package gives you:

Community choice indicator: One crypto pick per week

Market events probability indicators: A weekly prediction that can cover traditional markets, politics, or cryptos

As an example, the Cindicator Bot sent an alert to Beginner traders on December 20, 2017 to buy Ripple (XRP) at 70 cents. It rallied to over $3.

Trader Package: 200,000 tokens will cost you around $15,000 at current prices. That will get you access to the Trader Package. The Trader Package includes everything from the Beginner Package plus the following:

Weekly support and resistance levels: Projected highs and lows of a selection of cryptos and traditional financial assets

ICO ranking: A ranking of upcoming ICOs from best to worst

Price level indicators: Predictions on whether a crypto will reach a certain dollar value by a specific date

As an example, the Cindicator Bot sent an alert to traders on December 11, 2017 on Valeant Pharmaceuticals (VRX) before the market opened. VRX made 8.5% in just a few days.

Expert Package: 700,000 tokens will cost you around $52,500 at current prices. That will get you access to the Expert Package. The Expert Package includes everything from the Beginner and Trader Packages plus the following:

Price level indicators: Tracks a basket of the most popular stocks and indexes and predicts they will reach a certain dollar value by a specific date

On December 14, 2017, the Cindicator Bot indicated Verify (CRED) as the highest-growth ICO on its list. Those who acted on the alert when it was sent made 20 times their money priced in U.S. dollars.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          I've no issue paying tax. Already have paid a chunk this year. But I'll no pay a penny more if the law does not require me to. Game on!
          You claimed in this thread that in Germany your gains are non-taxable, have you changed your mind then?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            You claimed in this thread that in Germany your gains are non-taxable, have you changed your mind then?
            crypto gains for residents of Germany held over a year are not taxable - that's the law thing I was talking about. Look, I did not plan this outcome but rather just landed on my feet. I'll be sure to spend the money internally if that makes you warm and happy.

Germany Won't Tax You for Buying Coffee With Bitcoin

German Ministry Of Finance Provides Guidance On Bitcoin Taxation

On February 27, 2018, the German Federal Ministry of Finance, Bundesministerium der Finanzen, released a message to the public clarifying that it would not tax cryptocurrencies such as bitcoin when they are used in payments.

So I'll buy the Lambo with BTC?

Comment

So in Germany you can buy USD, and when it gets, say 20% stronger make a purchase and never pay CGT on the difference in EUR gains you've made?

Comment

It's weird he thinks he qualifies for zero tax, his trades are documented in this thread over the course of 2017 and now claims he held for a year. Or he's wrongly assuming crypto to crypto isn't a taxable event in Germany (it is).

Future scooter is gonna hate past scooter for the 40%+ tax bill.

Comment

His claim now is that it's legal tender so no tax involved in buying stuff (did he buy anything, other than "fiat")?

Surely USD will be as good as EUR there, and if it appreciates and you pay with it then it will be CGT, just like in this country or any other country with half competent tax office.

Plus, as you say, he clearly was a day trader speculating on multiple tulipcoins, document here, so that looks like deliberate tax evasion to me.

Comment

His claim now is that it's legal tender so no tax involved in buying stuff (did he buy anything, other than "fiat")?

Surely USD will be as good as EUR there, and if it appreciates and you pay with it then it will be CGT, just like in this country or any other country with half competent tax office.

Plus, as you say, he clearly was a day trader speculating on multiple tulipcoins, document here, so that looks like deliberate tax evasion to me.
                    It is true cryptocurrencies are free from tax in Germany if dormant from purchase to sale for a full year - any event, crypto to fiat or crypto to crypto is a taxable (40%) however.

Same rule on taxable event applies in the UK except we're always taxed on the event (holding for 1+ year doesn't matter, like any other asset).

Sadly for crypto moguls this gets pretty painful if you have this tax owed and you're still left holding the bag, like now with 100%+ reductions in fiat value from all time highs.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
                      It is true cryptocurrencies are free from tax in Germany if dormant from purchase to sale for a full year - any event, crypto to fiat or crypto to crypto is a taxable (40%) however.
                      crypto to crypto 40% of what exactly? Fairy dust?

The state has confirmed many times, traded crypto is only taxable until it is returned to currency. *Currency* being a key word here.

I've created my own blockchain with this thread - cool.
                      Last edited by scooterscot; 18 March 2018, 19:18.

Comment

Working...
                      X