• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BABB tokens are unlocked and available to send to MEW. Wonder what they're worth...
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
      Don't forget...there's HODLing and there's HODLing.
      I'm holding my coins long trm but....there's lots of volatility out there which you can use to increase your coin volume.
      RDD for example has had a tulipstorm recently. It's currently at sub 70 sats. But...it seems to be acting according to technical algorithm trading so it's possible to make coins off it. I've increased my RDD by about 35% over the last few weeks because of that. At the moment I have 30% or so of my RDD waiting to sell at 69. I can see a downwards wedge terminating at about 60-62 and it could rocket up there. if it goes as planned I'll prob buy back in at 63 and make 3% overall. But...look at the RDD analysis by tradingdevil on youtube(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyMeVaHOp3A). His targets for algo buying are down at 45 sats or so. If it breaks down from the wedge (instead of up as it should) then I'll sell some more and look to buy back at about 48.
      This is about the only coin I do this with at the moment as it moves up and down in price very slowly and is therefore easier to see

EDIT:
      The value overall of my holding has taken a massive hit I have to say...the same as everyone. At the peak it was worth 1.6BTC and about $24000. Now it's at about 0.9BTC and $10000. It's a killer to look at and very hard to ignore but I believe it will be worth it in the end.

Order now filled so let's see what happens.
      From my own TA it looks like the recent spike to about 124 was corrective in nature with an extension in the 5th subwave of the C wave. I think we may see a slight increase soon but overall I think we're in subwave 1 (or 3...hard to tell) of the C wave
      You might enjoy getting into FX - I'll be going back to it again when cryptos moon and I cash a decent chunk out. If you like short term and charts FX is the place to be.

They even have crypto threads as well!

https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...1#post10851501
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
        70% down in 4 - 6 weeks hasn't really given me the chance to be greedy.
        What are you holding?
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

If RDD does indeed fall down to 60-40 sats, then load up. Probably a good idea to set up an alert so you don't have to look at it every minute of the day.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            what are you holding?
            btc
            eth
            xlm
            xrp
            bch
            ltc
            loc
            neo
            dash
            zec
            ark
            steem
            strat
            omg
            vtc
            rep
            music
            xvg
            snt
            bat
            etc
            zen
            sc

Comment

If RDD does indeed fall down to 60-40 sats, then load up. Probably a good idea to set up an alert so you don't have to look at it every minute of the day.
              Have you heard anything about the latest SEC and Mt Gox stuff? Are we to expect more down in the short term? TDV newsletter hinted that it could be a distinct possibility...

I'm hoping the SEC thing is ultimately a good thing that needs to happen so we're getting it out of the way and the FUD around 'crack downs' and regulation can subside and we move forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                You might enjoy getting into FX - I'll be going back to it again when cryptos moon and I cash a decent chunk out. If you like short term and charts FX is the place to be.

They even have crypto threads as well!

https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...1#post10851501
                I will be looking into it when I have some capital to play with.
                One thing that scares me (probably the right word) about it is the fact that it all seems to be leveraged..which is great if you win but if you lose...
                or am I wrong about it being predominantly leveraged?
                Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

My alert was set at 65 sats
                  There's another possible resistance line in there as well but even that points to something like 62 as the low if we have a truncated C.
                  Possible double bottom as well (noting the previous swing low on the pic)

Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
                    I will be looking into it when I have some capital to play with.
                    One thing that scares me (probably the right word) about it is the fact that it all seems to be leveraged..which is great if you win but if you lose...
                    or am I wrong about it being predominantly leveraged?
                    It doesn't matter as long as you practice risk control and money management. So every trade has a stop loss (automatically closes out if it goes a certain amount against you). Then you calculate the size of your position based on if you get stopped out so:

entry - stop loss = the % of your account you are prepared to risk on a trade. This is easy to calculate with spread betting as you can trade as little as £0.10/point.

So if you have an account of £500 and you decide to risk no more than 1% of the account per trade then a typical trade might look like this:

GBP/USD - long (you want it to go up).
                    Total amount to risk - £500 x 1% = £5
                    entry price - 1.3860
                    Stop loss - 1.3810
                    Risk in points - 50
                    £5/50 = £0.10
                    So if you could trade £0.10/point

That's the risk - you'd want to target (ideally) at least 2x what you risked as a rule of thumb and depending on your timeframe (how long you want to hold it for).

If you go for it open a demo account and paper trade until you're comfortable. Or (and) get Forex tester and practice on that. FX is a different beast and takes some getting used to.
                    Last edited by Jog On; 8 March 2018, 15:44.

Comment

https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitco...ll-off-reports

Bitcoin prices fell as low as $6000 in 2018 due to a Mt.Gox trustee “panicking” and selling $400 mln worth of bitcoins (BTC), reports suggest this week.

As multiple news outlets reported from March 7, Nobuaki Kobayashi has sold over 35,000 BTC and 34,000 BCH (Bitcoin Cash) in order to pay the defunct exchange’s creditors.
                      1 guy!

Comment

Working...
                      X