• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    Nice to see a bit of a CND reversal.
    Think it'll come down again to form a double bottom like it did in the last rally.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Game over for morons

"Investors are getting caught out in basic ways. For instance, crypto-to-crypto transactions are taxable – if, for example, you use your bitcoin to buy rival ethereum"

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...itcoin-irs-tax

Stay tuned for criminal convictions in money laundering, terrorism financing, US sanctions violations etc
      Last edited by AtW; 18 March 2018, 11:04.

Comment

Since when did the IRS start taxing non-US citizens?

Furthermore, told you before, this year will be the year of decentralised exchanges. Furthermore ^2, I've no issue paying tax. Already have paid a chunk this year. But I'll no pay a penny more if the law does not require me to.

Game on!
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

have you seen the buy wall on BCC? It's massive.
          Made some good gains on BCC over the last few days as I predicted the top and bottom pretty accurately.
          Made a very silly mistake though. Was trading on my phone and I sold a chunk of my BCC at 0.124. I thought it would bottom out at about 0.116 and then go back up again. I accidentally put in a limit order to buy at 0.16 instead of 0.116! Gutted. Immediately got filled (as you'd expect). The actual rate was about 0.121 so it wasn't as bad as it could be. Managed to make another buy order for 0.116 since then so overall it's been quite nice.
          Last edited by VirtualMonkey; 18 March 2018, 15:05.
          Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Just for those who follow my ideas (more fool you if you ask me! lol) I have a sell order on BCC at 0.137 and another at 0.14.
            That's the 1.618 fib extension of the recent activity as measured from 0.116.
            Not sure it will hit the second target but i have it in case we overshoot.
            If it fills (as I think it will in the next week) then I'll look to ladder my buy backs at between 0.128 and 0.126, which is between the 0.382 and 0.5 fib level of the expected upwards motion. The recent retracement was heavy (roughly 0.65 fib) so I expect the next one to be less so.
            If we can beat this buy wall that's appeared I think it will mark the start of the uptrend. The current downward wedge suggests upward impulse quite soon

EDIT: Looks like it might be about to happen right now
            Last edited by VirtualMonkey; 18 March 2018, 14:56.
            Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Think this might be the wave count for BCC
              (Half the buy wall has gone btw!)

ignore 3, 4 and 5 on the major wave count...just there because i have to complete the 5 to get it on the chart. they're not what i expect

Comment

Bitcoin Cash will hit $10k by the end of the year. Best bet would be to just leave it there

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  Bitcoin Cash will hit $10k by the end of the year. Best bet would be to just leave it there
                  I have just under 0.6BCC. Want to get it to 1 BCC before that happens
                  I've changed the way I do this now. Laddering in and out and never fully out just in case I make a mistake.
                  My current BCC sell orders are about 2/3 of my total. Makes a bit more work but I'm a lot more comfortable with things now.
                  If BCC moves very slowly towards my targets I'll probably change my position on selling at those prices. I think this is wave 3 so it should be a rocket.
                  Where does the 10k come from, by the way?
                  (EDIT: the wall is 2/3 gone now )

Comment

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/14/coin...ays-in-uk.html

Coinbase, one of the world's largest cryptocurrency exchanges and wallets, obtained a bank account with U.K. lender Barclays, the company said Wednesday, in a move that will make it easier for British customers to use its product.

The deal marks the first major partnership between a U.K. bank and a cryptocurrency exchange.
                    Yeah - bitcoin and crypto is sooo dead... Nothing to see here folks - go and invest in the stock market!
                    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                      https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/14/coin...ays-in-uk.html

Yeah - bitcoin and crypto is sooo dead... Nothing to see here folks - go and invest in the stock market!
                      What we need is for them to transfer to BABB when they get their license. Wonder if they'll get £100 for changing

Comment

Working...
                      X