• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTCUSD at 17200 after ATH, just rejected the resistance at 17500.
    I need to buy some BTC so I can play with these alts, should I hold out for a possible downswing, or just bite the bullet and get in now.
    Been waiting days for a decent pullback, should have got in a few days ago when it was at 13200.

Comment

Originally posted by Olly550 View Post
      should have got in a few days ago when it was at 13200.
      Was it HarryHindsight who told you that?

Comment

should I hold out for a possible downswing, or just bite the bullet and get in now.
        No one knows. I would just bite the bullet. There's little sign of anything slowing down right now, but it could all change tomorrow for all I know.

Comment

BTCUSD at 17200 after ATH, just rejected the resistance at 17500.
          I need to buy some BTC so I can play with these alts, should I hold out for a possible downswing, or just bite the bullet and get in now.
          Been waiting days for a decent pullback, should have got in a few days ago when it was at 13200.
          On bittrex you can trade ETH/ALTs so can buy ETH instead although that's soaring as well. Could make sense to fund with the major coin that's stronger vs the alts (to get more alt). 'Relative strength' (Not the RSI indicator) is the term used in FX to see which currencies are strongest vs each other and look for opportunities. Sure it can be applied here somehow.
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Thanks. Think im just going to bite the bullet. We have been hovering above 13,000 which was the last pullback for days now, lots of negative rumors about the futures shorting which didnt materialise, and bitcoin just keeps on holding its own. As we are so close to 20,000 I reckon people are going to jump in and buy before we get there. There could be a downswing but I still dont think its going to go lower than 13-15 and would bounce back anyway just as it has done.

Comment

Thanks. Think im just going to bite the bullet. We have been hovering above 13,000 which was the last pullback for days now, lots of negative rumors about the futures shorting which didnt materialise, and bitcoin just keeps on holding its own. As we are so close to 20,000 I reckon people are going to jump in and buy before we get there. There could be a downswing but I still dont think its going to go lower than 13-15 and would bounce back anyway just as it has done.
              I cashed out during the last corrective move expecting a big dip and buying opportunity - didn't happen and wish I hadn't. managed to get back in at an OK price but with fees for buying and selling a largish position (about 0.8 BTC) it was a bit of a wasted exercise for not much gain.

Should have just hoddled.

BTC is a completely different animal to other asset classes, every time they try and manipulate it and take control of it it gives them the finger - which is kind of what BTC is all about anyway - sticking it to the bankers/elites. HODL!
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Aaaaaand off it goes again.

Comment

My stop order fro ripple was triggered last night. I've not bough anything else, so looks like fortunate timing that most of my portfolio is in bitcoin just as it's going up.

Comment

Anyone know why the % change is so differant from tradingview to coinmarketcap.

e.g. for Ripple,

Tradingview kraken charts show -14.60%

And for coinmarketcap shows +37.52%

Comment

probably bases on a different timeframe.

Coinmarketcap averages the price from a number of sources, the % change is based on 24h before. Looks like the other one might be the change today, e.g. from midnight.

Comment

Working...
                      X