• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep think your right, just wondering which one to base decisions on as they are such a big differance, i'll probably keep using the coinmarketcap ones, or a combination of both as in tradingview for more current %change and coinmarketcap for the last 24 hours. Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Olly550 View Post
      Yep possibly so, just wondering which one to base decisions on as they are such a big differance, i'll probably keep using the coinmarketcap ones.
      I wouldn't base decisions on the 24h change, it's not a very relevant stat and doesn't show the full picture Something can be up by a big % but already peaked and is actually rapidly decending.

Look at the full chart to try to work out where the current trend.

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...low-and-costly

Using Bitcoins for their intended purpose as a currency is slow and costly. A Bitcoin transaction can take hours, or even days, to be confirmed and a typical fee is as much as $7.

Recently the gaming platform Steam announced that, because of these fees, and the volatility of the currency, bitcoins would no longer be accepted as payment. This is a striking instance of a much bigger problem. Nearly a decade after its introduction, and with nearly $100bn in market capitalisation, a list of all legitimate merchants willing to accept Bitcoin fits comfortably on a single web page.

Comment

Originally posted by Olly550 View Post
          BTCUSD at 17200 after ATH, just rejected the resistance at 17500.
          I need to buy some BTC so I can play with these alts, should I hold out for a possible downswing, or just bite the bullet and get in now.
          Been waiting days for a decent pullback, should have got in a few days ago when it was at 13200.
          Yes. Ride out January. Made massive gains in the past fews days and it is not natural. BTC might hit $21k before correcting.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            a list of all legitimate merchants willing to accept Bitcoin fits comfortably on a single web page.
            What a bizarre statement.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...low-and-costly

Using Bitcoins for their intended purpose as a currency is slow and costly. A Bitcoin transaction can take hours, or even days, to be confirmed and a typical fee is as much as $7.

Recently the gaming platform Steam announced that, because of these fees, and the volatility of the currency, bitcoins would no longer be accepted as payment. This is a striking instance of a much bigger problem. Nearly a decade after its introduction, and with nearly $100bn in market capitalisation, a list of all legitimate merchants willing to accept Bitcoin fits comfortably on a single web page.
              BTC is more of an asset class than a currency now, even with segwits and forks I doubt it will become a means of transacting. There are about 2000 alt coins and more being created every day that are clambering over each other to become the 'transaction' ones, some of the more established ones looking quote promising. Stella, ripple, dash - we're hodling them as well! (I need some ripple and dash though).
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Monero hasn't had a big pump yet, but the dollar value has been steadily going up over the last month and so has the volume. Looking at that for next quick profits.

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
                  Monero hasn't had a big pump yet, but the dollar value has been steadily going up over the last month and so has the volume. Looking at that for next quick profits.
                  I want ADA to hit my profit target so I can get into something else for short term pump/dump. Oh ans Zencash... any time this decade would be great...
                  "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                    I want ADA to hit my profit target so I can get into something else for short term pump/dump. Oh ans Zencash... any time this decade would be great...
                    both of those are long term holds for me, so not worrying about them for now. Zen will more likely see a (relatively) slow movement up in value as and when privacy coin users switch over. Same with ADA as it starts to get compete with ETH.

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
                      Made me smile - Bought my XMR's at $13 each... was actually one of my first coins after BTC. However I'm not so into them now.. Zencash will ultimately shield transactions with far greater privacy. And they still only cost around $30. But I think they'll be cheaper in January.
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X