• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IOTA rising charts caught my eye .. follows an announced Microsoft partnership.
    Crazy thang is that this 'Internet Of Things' payment crypto DOESN'T use a beloved blockchain - it uses a 'tangle'.

"IOTA is quite different from Bitcoin and Ethereum, as it uses no blockchain. Instead, it uses “Tangle“, a Directed Acyclic Graph shaping up a tangle."
    "IOTA hates blockchain"

So for trading that beastie currently:
    Buy Bitcoin with fiat - buy iota with bitcoin - sell iota for bitcoin - sell bitcoin for fiat
    Tis a mad world.

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
      Has anyone looked into crypto arbitrage?

Apparently there are big price differences between exchanges at the moment and the opportunities to buy low at one exchange - send to other exchange and sell high are quite abundant.

They'll probably fix it at some stage but right now it's pretty rife...

https://cryptocoincharts.info/arbitrage

People are writing bots to do it automatically even... I can see it ending in tears (accounts banned at exchanges) possibly.

I noticed this when stellar was rising last week. About 700 sats on poloniex and about 800 on bittrex. Was tempted to try it, but things were moving down a bit at the time, so didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Yeah, that bank-free world free of contractual obligations is so much better - some anonymous "exchange" operator bans your account and you got exactly feck all recourse to law
        If they didn't return what you own, you would totally have a legal recourse.

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
          Your only recourse is to go round and break someones kneecaps.

The problem is finding them....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Your only recourse is to go round and break someones kneecaps.

The problem is finding them....
            they're usually between the ankle and hip AFAIK

Comment

Originally posted by Agent View Post
              Any thoughts on IOTA?

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/iota/#charts

Taken a hit recently, good time to buy?
              Need to take my own advice! Commented on this at 0.81 and its 1.93 today... +138%
              Last edited by Agent; 3 December 2017, 20:06.

Comment

Have you ever tried to take international court action?

It's hard even when you got good contract which lists named counterparties, in case of Tulipcoin top exchanges are run by whom? Anonymous people and jurisdictions are not in UK - even if you het order to arrest their assets, how would you enforce it against their Tulipcoins?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Have you ever tried to take international court action?

It's hard even when you got good contract which lists named counterparties, in case of Tulipcoin top exchanges are run by whom? Anonymous people and jurisdictions are not in UK - even if you het order to arrest their assets, how would you enforce it against their Tulipcoins?
                  +1

I bet they would be away on their toes faster than loan scheme scammers. I mean promoters.....

Comment

I noticed this when stellar was rising last week. About 700 sats on poloniex and about 800 on bittrex. Was tempted to try it, but things were moving down a bit at the time, so didn't.
                    done that before successfully as stellar is fast enough to transfer.

better to divide your wallet between both. However poloniex is no so great
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by JHadd View Post
                      Recently read a news where JP Morgan CEO Jamie Dimon thinks that Bitcoin might not end up well but on the other hand, one of his top strategists claim that bitcoin futures could turn cryptocurrencies into an emerging asset class. Wonder if indeed cryptocurrencies become the future, how everything will work since we are so used to paper money.
                      Turkeys don't vote for Christmas.

Comment

Working...
                      X