• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    I should add... everyone thinks I'm out of my mind suggesting Bitcoin is going to $60-100k before the year will end.. Bitcoin is not getting their by its own means, I never believed that. It is going to get there with the assistance of fiat money collapsing. The value of the dollar will collapse much like the currencies of emerging economies these past couple of months. I love how everyone is ignoring this.

I'm going to get a t-shirt made 'Sei ein Contrarian, schau hinter dich!'
    USD will only collapse if it is not a reserve currency anymore. For that to happen, a new reserve currency should emerge. Bitcoin perhaps?? Euro has the ability but then the eurozone economy should grow to much bigger than USA + china combined. It will take decades. So a collapse in demand for dollar is nearly impossible.
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

That is the *popular* belief. The dollar cannot collapse because of external dependencies. Let me tell you something, the dollar is going to collapse because of America. It'll collapse because of internal reasons. I've been banging on about debt for 2-3 years on here. America, like the UK, has well passed the point where that debt is repayable. The markets will only realise that once interest rates creep up. And I think it is entirely possible the 4 democratic states responsible for 80%+ of America's GDP will go their own way. They already begun to demonstrate and ignore authority from the White house - no one, no one, is watching unfold. It's crazy. Even yesterday we read that there's a sleeper in white house removing documents from an elected president for signature as that individual believes it is in the wider interest of the people. America is now a rouge state.

Why am I so so so sure of the Dollar collapse? Emerging markets. It is almost like cartoon before the film. A shot across the bow. These currency of these countries is collapsing for internal reasons. Just like it will the US and the UK.

I've no idea what will replace the reserve currency. But in a globalised world you need a globalised currency the cannot be manipulated by any one state. Any ideas?
      Last edited by scooterscot; 7 September 2018, 12:17.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
        So a collapse in demand for dollar is nearly impossible.
        All the major holders of US debt have been unloading it the past few months. No news whatsoever by MSM. But the real question here is, who is buying it? All the debt is being bought through a secret Cayman island account. I'm fairly certain it is the Federal reserve. Anyway, if it comes true they're holding all the cards then the house will collapse hand in hand with confidence.

Russia is dumping US debt and buying gold instead

China is cutting its huge stash of US debt
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Wagerr

Doesn't seem to be any posts in this thread about Wagerr coin. Anybody got any views on this? Seems like a great application. People will always be betting and nobody really likes bookies.

Comment

Pooperscooper is either getting lazy or just dumped his tulipcoins...

"Crypto Wipeout Deepens to $640 Billion as Ether Leads Declines"

The cryptocurrency bear market plumbed a fresh 10-month low on Monday as Bitcoin’s biggest rival tumbled and U.S. regulators suspended trading in two securities linked to digital assets.

Ether, the second-largest virtual currency, slumped 11 percent from its level at 5 p.m. New York time on Friday, according to Bloomberg composite pricing. Bitcoin declined 2.4 percent, while the market capitalization of digital assets tracked by CoinMarketCap.com shrank to about $197 billion -- down almost $640 billion from its January peak.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...s?srnd=premium

Tulipcoins are literally hitting the fan!!!

Comment

Better cash out then eh?

Comment

We could see an ETH futures market soon...

https://cointelegraph.com/news/repor...ater-this-year
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                  We could see an ETH futures market soon...

https://cointelegraph.com/news/repor...ater-this-year
                  We could also see BTC at a million dollars per coin by Xmas as well.... :
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    We could also see BTC at a million dollars per coin by Xmas as well.... :
                    What year?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      What year?
                      2020 or John McAfee has promised to eat part of his own anatomy:

https://www.cryptoglobe.com/latest/2...20-prediction/
                      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Working...
                      X