• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    We could see an ETH futures market soon...

https://cointelegraph.com/news/repor...ater-this-year
    Lost about 75% on my ETH tracker pension fund and same on my non-pension share account :-(

Luckily, did really well with BTC fund last year. Made about £15K then transferred most back to normal funds.

ETH I left there and have lost about £5K. (And had a bright idea to stick a few £K savings into an ETH share account).
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

I'm down about 1/3 on my ETH pension tracker.

Just leaving it to do its thing.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

Same here.

"Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

That would be to sink to further depths for the foreseeable future.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            That would be to sink to further depths for the foreseeable future.
            The way things go pc might have to sign on again...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              What year?
              Best case scenario of 0.01% annualized growth in turdcoins currently worth, say, $6500?

Around log(1,000,000/6,500)/log(1.0001) = 52,380 years from now.

More than likely, they'll be worth slightly less than a turd around this time next week.

Comment

Turd got more fundamental intrinsic value than these fraudcoins

HTH

Comment

The Republic of the Marshall Islands has been warned against adopting a digital currency as a second form of legal tender.

The International Monetary Fund (IMF) said the country, which consists of hundreds of islands in the Pacific Ocean, should "seriously reconsider".

Currently, only the US dollar counts as legal tender in the islands.

A law to adopt a digital currency named "Sovereign" alongside the dollar was passed in February.

The first virtual coins are due to be issued to members of the public via an initial coin offering (ICO) later this year.
                  However, IMF directors said the potential benefits of the move were much smaller than the potential costs of "economic, reputational and governance risks".

"[Marshall Island] authorities should seriously reconsider the issuance of the digital currency as legal tender," wrote the directors in their report, which was first spotted by cryptocurrency news site Coindesk.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-45485685

So there you have it - tulipcoins are tulip,

Comment

Interesting story from PBC regarding what's happening with cindicator (CND). Did you know, despite this bear market, 34% of circulating supply has been locked up for its services? 34% locked up during a bear market?! When institutional investors come onboard they'll lock up the remaining supply in no time. Supply & demand in its purest form.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Interesting story from PBC regarding what's happening with cindicator (CND). Did you know, despite this bear market, 34% of circulating supply has been locked up for its services? 34% locked up during a bear market?! When institutional investors come onboard they'll lock up the remaining supply in no time. Supply & demand in its purest form.
                      Does not mean jack tulip, even if it is true

Comment

Working...
                      X