• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    We're about to see the crypto market zoom past the $1 trillion mark and onwards to $2.6 trillion at least, sometime this year. Much of that gain we're going to see in the next 8 weeks. So even if you just hold your positions you're going to see a 10x gain. But we can do better.

One of my mistakes last year was not taking profit. Now I'm intending on holding the volume in each of my positions for the long term but that does not mean we should not take profits from the bull market. I suspect we'll have a photocopy repeat of last year. If that is the case we'd be mad not to cash in some value before the summer. When I say cash in I mean cash in to BTC. A lot of our alt's will increase massively. When they show signs of correcting back to normally levels, I'll be sure to post on here, we can buy back into our alts before the Autumn rally. Suddenly our 10x is looking more like a 100x gain.

Doing nothing is also a very valid option. It really is. What I'm suggesting above is gamble, but if you've taken out your original investment already then what's there to loose?

Very exciting times ahead.
    I'm going to set profit targets on my more speculative alts for around the 10x mark or their all time highs - then go on holiday.
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Regardless of whether you're in XVG at the moment or possibly still out I would recommend you watch this vid. It's made by TradeDevil...someone whose TA I completely trust (don't say that much).
      Bear in mind he recorded this yesterday.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKUsuZdET0o
      If you look at where he expected the 5th wave to end it's at about 820 (hard to tell from the vid).
      Look at the XVG chart now...It appears to have topped at 818!
      According to his TA the algorithms will start buying back at around 730 to 710 and push it higher.
      Just worth looking into ....
      Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Awesome to see me wod in this one almost double in a week. Bought last year around 29 sats

I'm wondering if we'll hit as high as 3000 sats this summer... I me reasons. Look at the period Apr until June in 2016, 17, and now wonder about what's about to happen in the next 8 weeks.
        You've done very well then. I got in about 91 sats and sold 40% when it hit 621 back in Jan. Very tempted to pick up some more on the next dip (assuming there is one)

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
          High hopes for the medium term. Interesting to see what Teeka had to say about rebalancing...that you shouldn't do it.
          Yeah re-balancing is one way to avoid massive profits. However there's nothing wrong with selling high buying low into the same coin, which is what I'm really suggesting above. Cause in point Neo when it was a few cents to a few dollars and everyone thought it was over, myself included!

Really good having someone like PBC to hold your hand, I'd not have made so much without the advice.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Agent View Post
            You've done very well then. I got in about 91 sats and sold 40% when it hit 621 back in Jan. Very tempted to pick up some more on the next dip (assuming there is one)
            I think it might near around 2500-3000 sats by July.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Regardless of whether you're in XVG at the moment or possibly still out I would recommend you watch this vid. It's made by TradeDevil...someone whose TA I completely trust (don't say that much).
              If you look at where he expected the 5th wave to end it's at about 820 (hard to tell from the vid).
              According to his TA the algorithms will start buying back at around 730 to 710 and push it higher.
              Havent got time to watch but is it going to go up or down?
              Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                Havent got time to watch but is it going to go up or down?
                In a nutshell...
                He thinks it's currently in a wave 2 which will probably finish at about 730-710 sats.
                After that we're in wave 3 of 3.
                Lots of selling resistance form algorithms until we get to 5500 sats or so. Above that there should be no selling algorithms left in play and we will likely see an easy transition to higher highs
                Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

In a nutshell...
                  He thinks it's currently in a wave 2 which will probably finish at about 730-710 sats.
                  After that we're in wave 3 of 3.
                  Lots of selling resistance form algorithms until we get to 5500 sats or so. Above that there should be no selling algorithms left in play and we will likely see an easy transition to higher highs
                  Something he said that's just struck a chord with me...if we get above the 5500 mark there is no selling pressure from algos...
                  this is from the fact that 5500 is about the 0.65 fib level of the all time high to the recent bottom price. After that there are no higher technical pivots to be in play from the past.
                  What that says to me is that each coin is going to have a critical price in which we'll likely see simpler upwards price movement if it is broken. This is because we're only trading against people and not machines as well.
                  I think I know what I'll be doing for the rest of the day!
                  Last edited by VirtualMonkey; 27 April 2018, 14:08.

Comment

Cindicator says stay away...

The cryptocurrency Verge (XVG/ETH) settled at 0.000111 ETH at 2:00 PM UTC at the Binance exchange on Friday, April 27. In your opinion, will XVG/ETH trade above 0.0001221 ETH (+10%) at any time before May 5?
                    Indicator: 22.84%
                    Still not bought back in, sold at 1350... and waiting.

Comment

Cindicator says stay away...

Still not bought back in, sold at 1350... and waiting.
                      if it follows the same pattern the it'll bottom at between 10400 and 10100. might be right on the timescales but I think it'll be close on that one

Comment

Working...
                      X