• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    There were also rumours of a MyEtherWallet hack yesterday which may or may not be related.
    PBC reported on it:

Dear Reader,

Earlier today, MyEtherWallet (MEW) announced that hackers had hijacked some of its servers.

MEW is one of our recommended wallets for storing ether (ETH) and other cryptocurrencies.

To be clear, this was not a hack of the MEW website. And if you followed MEW’s safety guidelines, your funds should be safe.

MEW has resolved the issue and the website is back to normal.

Although hackers didn’t attack MEW directly, we want to use this opportunity to review the best practices when using the wallet.

First, let me tell you about what happened today...

The problem started at about 12 p.m. UTC (8 a.m. ET). That’s when hackers hijacked Google’s domain name system (DNS) registration servers.

(DNS is like the phone book for the internet. It directs domain names to their respective IP addresses so users can access the websites.)

The hackers redirected some MEW users to a phishing website where they could transfer funds to another wallet.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Pretty brutal selloff for the alts today, hope it's not another bear market.
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

There were also rumours of a MyEtherWallet hack yesterday which may or may not be related.
        As I understand that was a clever switcheroo - hackers set up a fake site with 'top grade phishing' .. changing DNS servers - that fooled MyEtherWallet users.

This ERC-20 'exploit' is different and exists in published, immutable smart contracts on the live Ethereum network .. I'm literally looking at the naughty BeautyChain (BEC) Solidity code now which contains it (at ...

https://etherscan.io/address/0xc5d10...9c82f793d#code

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
          Pretty brutal selloff for the alts today, hope it's not another bear market.
          Think it's just due to the retrace on BTC. With any luck that'll be as shallow as many of the the ALT retraces recently
          Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

The cryptocurrency Tron (TRX/BTC) settled at 0.00000786 BTC at 06:30 AM UTC at the Binance exchange on Wednesday, April 25. In your opinion, will TRX/BTC trade above 0.00000865 BTC (+10%) at any time before May 2?
            Indicator: 58.29%
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Had a quick shuffle on Binance towards non-ERC20 positions. Nothing major just precautionary before the FOMO starts. Already had most anyway so just a reweighting really.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Had a quick shuffle on Binance towards non-ERC20 positions. Nothing major just precautionary before the FOMO starts. Already had most anyway so just a reweighting really.
                Just in time, other exchanges closing ranks now..

"Multiple Exchanges Suspend ERC-20 Token Trading Due To Potential BatchOverflow Bug"
                OKEX - first to halt ERC-20 deposits
                Poloniex - suspended all ERC-20 (Ethereum-based) token deposits and withdrawals
                HitBTC - 'inspection' before deposits and transfers
                Changelly - ERC-20 token trading halted
                QUOINE - ERC-20 token trading halted

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyInHades View Post
                  Just in time, other exchanges closing ranks now..

"Multiple Exchanges Suspend ERC-20 Token Trading Due To Potential BatchOverflow Bug"
                  OKEX - first to halt ERC-20 deposits
                  Poloniex - suspended all ERC-20 (Ethereum-based) token deposits and withdrawals
                  HitBTC - 'inspection' before deposits and transfers
                  Changelly - ERC-20 token trading halted
                  QUOINE - ERC-20 token trading halted
                  Can only be a good thing in the interim. Lazy coding from cut and paste merchants?
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

"Taiwan-based graphics card makers including Gigabyte Technology, Micro-Star International (MSI) and TUL are expected to see their shipments for April plunge over 40% on month, as many clients have suspended taking shipments in response to drastic slowdown in demand for cryptocurrency mining machines, according to industry sources."

End of the road for the fraud of the 21st century!

Comment

If anyone is actually trading this market rather than holding then OMG is one to watch.
                      It's pumping at the moment (wave 3 of 3 of 3 I think) and there is a confluence zone for the 1.618 of the current wave 1 with the 1.618 of the higher level wave 1.
                      It's the top green box in the picture and the value is 0.00358 or so.
                      Not sure if I'm trading now or just holding (as the retraces are difficult to judge at the moment) but I thought I'd put it out there
                      Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Working...
                      X