• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whole crypto is going up like it did late last year - are we to expect a bull run into summer followed by another crash/dip then another bull run?
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Counting on it. Should be crazy up until May 14th and show signs of ending by July at latest. Then a re-run in the autumn.

$30b added in the last 48 hours alone.

Remember, if you've got an alt that gains 10-100x in the next 2 months, dump the profits in bitcoin. This happened last summer. Alts rallied first then BTC then correction for summer recess, by which time you've already taken the profits. Alternative hold until this time next year and do nothing.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

NEO XLM ETH and ICX holding for however long it takes...

Comment

Still not yet bought back into XVG.... waiting waiting and waiting...
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

There's a new facility on Binance that allows you to convert your dust balances to BNB. Works a treat.
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
              There's a new facility on Binance that allows you to convert your dust balances to BNB. Works a treat.
              about time. found that quite annoying. thanks for this...will check it out tomorrow
              Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

volume appears to be moving into BNT now.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
                  Yup. I agree.
                  I reckon we've done 5 waves of wave 1 coming off the post ICO low.
                  Expected retrace for a wave 2 is 0.5-0.618 fib (which makes low 300's) but...the whole market is retracing really bullishly lately...i've missed a few targets because of it so we may only go down to 350 or so.
                  Assuming 325 and then a 1.618 extension for wave 3 we have a short term target of 716!!!
                  Looks like I may have been correct on the bullishness of the market. There's a good chance we've started the next wave (need a break of previous high) and if that's the case it didn't even retrace to 0.382!
                  Go BAX.
                  Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Oh Dear, Certain ERC-20 Tokens Taking A Major Hit. Possible Serious Repercussions

"Cryptocurrency exchange OKEx has suspended deposits of all ERC20 tokens after the alleged discovery of a serious bug in at least 12 smart contracts built to this token standard. In a statement published Tuesday, the Hong Kong-based exchange — third-largest in the world as measured by daily trading volume — announced the suspension of deposits, explaining that attackers have exploited a newly-discovered smart contract bug called “batchOverflow” to generate “an extremely large amount of tokens” out of thin air and then deposit them into a normal Ethereum address."

Technical details for Solidity coders:
                    https://medium.com/coinmonks/alert-n...9-511067db6536

Looking at it the exploit it's genius, relatively simple to understand if you're a Solidity coder and can instantly generate whale quantities of tokens !

The technical details state:

"BeautyChain (BEC) is directly effected, as are probably 'at least a dozen more'
                    It is very likely for an attacker to possess a huge amount of tokens by exploiting these vulnerable contracts.What if she go to a cryptocurrency exchange and start to trade those tokens for ETH, BTC, or even USD? With the extremely large amount of tokens in possession (likely larger than totalSupply in circulation), the attack might easily manipulate the price of related cryptocurrencies.
                    "
                    Last edited by SunnyInHades; 25 April 2018, 14:59.

Comment

There were also rumours of a MyEtherWallet hack yesterday which may or may not be related.
                      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
                      X