• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CND really looking ready for take off. RSI just broke resistance on the 15min chart. This is the start of wave I think
    Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Brace yourself - BTC going down. Will be a good opportunity hopefully see ATLs rally and take profits. Remember not to care for the dollar value, accumulate coins.

Last edited by scooterscot; 8 February 2018, 08:45.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Brace yourself - BTC going down. Will be a good opportunity hopefully see ATL rally and take profits. Remember not to care for the dollar value, accumulate coins.

What is it on that chart that says down? Looks bullish to me
        Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Hope it does come back down, only managed to get one bag on the train, get it reversed back into the station!

If it does drop significantly then it explains how all the main alts rose in unison, a whale pumping and now dumping.

Easy money if you have the stash to spread the board and coin it in at 30-50% a pump. Riding on the back of a whale is the new sport if you can time it right.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

So tempting to try and trade this at the moment. I'm not having much luck with my TA though so not really confident enough about it to take the risk.
            My TA this morning on BTC shows we have done waves 1 and 2 of the short term bull impulse (wave 2 retraced almost exactly to 0.5fib of wave 1 and wave 3 is now possibly in progress (this could all still be wave 1 I guess)
            On another note...one of the people I watch on youtube (Philakone) has put out a vid saying 35k for BTC long term. I know it's just another pundit giving a figure but he has nailed just about every call recently to it's worth taking into account. Haven't watched the vid yet...just seen the title.

EDIT:
            I said 'shows'...let's all take a look at my previous posts and realise I should, at the very most, have said 'hints'

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
              What is it on that chart that says down? Looks bullish to me
              Think it'll fall another 25-30% before it continues upward.

Am not going short myself, too risky. If there's one thing I've learnt over the last year, it's far more painful missing out on a 300% gain than trying to save myself a 30% loss.

Think BTC will do a double bottom, a W rather than the V it has done.

Good news coming out of the US though, The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) just met with the Senate to discuss cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology - they've more or less said we want blockchain to be a part of our financial economy.

This year is going to be a stonker.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

This year is going to be a stonker.
                I really do hope so
                I just want to see the potential double top at 8500 ruled out in the short term. If we miss that then I think we'll get to 9200ish again

Comment

Am not going short myself, too risky. If there's one thing I've learnt over the last year, it's far more painful missing out on a 300% gain than trying to save myself a 30% loss.
                  You mean time the market; why no use the correct terminology?

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
                    exactly to 0.5fib of wave 1 and wave 3 is now possibly in progress (this could all still be wave 1 I guess)
                    On another note...one of the people I watch on youtube (Philakone) has put out a vid saying 35k for BTC long term. I know it's just another pundit giving a figure but he has nailed just about every call recently to it's worth taking into account.
                    I agree this will happen. But not until May at the earliest after the 2018 consensus conference, until then BTC is going to faff around $5k-10K and lots of people are going to go 'you @£$£@' just wasted my money etc etc, then in May Bull will storm out of the gates.

My advice, STOP day trading!!! You've made your bets, now wait. If you get huge gains from ALTS before the consensus conference in May, then put those profits in BTC.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
                      You mean time the market; why no use the correct terminology?
                      You best go on tradingview and tell everyone else to stop using that term too then.

Comment

Working...
                      X