• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Is that the same as evasion?
    Not for that purpose. I just dont want my bank account closed down because this weeks latest scare with the bank is that crypto transactions must be banned.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Seems like as 'they' can't control crypto, not least because it's outside their jurisdiction and will always have some 'rogue' nations going against the 'international communities wishes', they're going for the easier targets such as in/out access points like bank accounts and debit cards.

At least those already in can hodl, which may be the better medium term play anyway.
      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

I want to cash out decent chunks along the way, not had any issues so far but that could change.

Think I'll get all my trading/exchange logs ready in case due diligence needs to be provided. maybe that's a measure we can all take preemptively if it's money laundering they are worried about.
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

This is an interesting site:

https://www.blocktivity.info/

Shows activity and transactions for different blockchains. Particularly like this stat:

Activity Valuation Index (AVI):

This is one of the most interesting data points on the website. This index takes the Bitcoin value (market cap) and the number of transactions (Tx) per day and makes it an index set to "1". Then, it varies with the other blockchains data. The index grows when the blockchain is very active and its market cap is low.
          A blockchain with the same amount of Tx as Bitcoin but with only half of its market cap would have an AVI of 2. From the investor point of view, it would be twice as valuable as Bitcoin because it would have the same level of activity with only half the market cap. Another blockchain with half the amount of Bitcoin Tx with the same market cap would have an AVI of 0.5.
          We can see blockchains like BitShares and Steem having very high index values. That is explained by the fact that they have a very low market caps but they process the same kind of Bitcoin activity or more.
          So based on this STEEM and GOLOS are very active and undervalued in terms of market cap...
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            Verge on the verge of confirming a double bottom - surely not going any lower than 1000 sats before reversal.
            I got in at a similar level to you and it's still struggling. Hoping it doesn't go below 900 now.

Comment

This thread makes really interesting reading, thanks.

Just to add some balance regarding Bitcoin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX-HTczloYg

Comment

APPC is at a great buy point now.

LRC looking close also.

Scoots did you get your TRX at (almost) half price? Good prediction you had there

Comment

And now you have something to spend them on.

Junk food meets junk money: KFC starts selling Bitcoin Bucket • The Register

KFC’s Canadian wing has started selling chicken for Bitcoin.

The artery-clogging Bitcoin Bucket “Includes 10 Original Recipe Tenders, Waffle Fries, Med Side, Med Gravy and 2 Dips,” at a cost of however many Bitcoin equates to CA$20.

KFC Canada’s page for the promotion helpfully includes live updates of that sum in Bitcoin.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent View Post
                    I got in at a similar level to you and it's still struggling. Hoping it doesn't go below 900 now.
                    Don't fret, timing when to enter at the exact bottom is just as difficult as trying to sell at the peak before reversal. Like that time when I sold my Stellar at 32c and still it proceeded to go to near 70c, but I had a target in mind and cashed out.

Interesting it broke the support line. Noticed Bittrex XVG database is offline. Might even go to 800, but just buy in a little more if it does, making my average buy in around 950 once you put the other half of your stake. Best way to invest is use portions of your stake, XVG will be still worth much more by June.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

The memes are starting .. Russian Crypto kid

Comment

Working...
                      X