• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agent View Post
    I traded half my eth about 3 hours ago for btc to take advantage of a drop... still waiting!! Bad idea trying to get a small coin accumulation today!
    I've been waiting on a BTC transaction being confirmed since lunch time. I was going to use the BTC for LTC as well

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
      That's only bitcoin though. I'd like something that was indexed against something like the top 50 coins.
      Made £20K since the summer on the BTX-XBE tracker that H-L offered at the time.

£10K in at the time, and I've taken it out as I've made profit. Now got £10K profit (plus original £10) taken out and put somewhere safer and just £10K left in.

Pity I didn't have more bottle. I've got 15 units worth £10K. Bought 87 to start with at about £110. Today they're about £650.

So if I'd left alone I'd be looking at value of £57K (£47K profit) at the moment. I even sold 15 units at something crap like £480 a few weeks ago before the expected bit coin drop. Hey ho. Thats the way it goes I suppose.

Still made £10K plus £10K still in there so cant complain. First couple of holidays when I retire.
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pjt View Post
        I've been waiting on a BTC transaction being confirmed since lunch time. I was going to use the BTC for LTC as well
        Standard fees? I must admit I do have a bit of bum twitching moments when I'm waiting for BTC to arrive.

Bought a hardware ledger thing but scared to use it so far - and I've "only" got £3K on there.
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
          Standard fees? I must admit I do have a bit of bum twitching moments when I'm waiting for BTC to arrive.

Bought a hardware ledger thing but scared to use it so far - and I've "only" got £3K on there.
          I've got one of those and it doesn't fill me with confidence. It's had a few 'Zencash' moments when the Chrome app doesn't recognize it after I've unlocked it.

Can't wait till all this stuff is robust and reliable as a standard - but that's the flipside of being early adopters, sure it will be worth it and then some
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

https://coinmarketcap.com/all/views/all/

Just look at all the green there.

It won't last, but hopefully there enough time to earn something and maybe cash out what I've originally invested. I need to hit one or 2 big gainers and I'll be there.

Comment

Sent 5203.23 eur from gdax to coinbase earlier as I already had 2 eur on coinbase and wanted to withdraw the lot in one transaction.

For some reason my eur wallet on coinbase hasnt updated to show the amount.

The screen shows the 5203.23eur but hasnt added it to the EUR wallet so I cant withdraw it. Do I need to do something or is Coinbase/Gdax just struggling...?

Comment

I think XLM is staring to get some gas.. fingers crossed!

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                  LTC just hit it's yearly high against BTC, part of me is screaming to cash it out...
                  If you're worrying a lots about an investment then you have too much money in / on it.

Nervousness = reduce stake

Confident = fill yer boots
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                    I convert BTC to stellar or ripple when move between exchanges. Transfer time is usually less than 30 secs
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I've been thinking about how different trading crypto is when compared to typical stocks and how they often don't perform against standard indicators. There was an article today by goldbug1 on tradingview about why Litecoin went up so much in the last 24 hours and his reasoning was heavy chatter and public awareness following an interview on CNBC in the US, article below;

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/LT...nt-has-Awoken/

Gets me thinking about how much social media and chatter effects the altcoin prices and if an indicator model could be built to incorporate this. Anyway, bit of googling and it turns out someone looked in to this in Aug 2016 with BTC, ETH and Ripple.

From their short experiment, they managed a 35% return (over a 19% BTC price rise) basing trades purely on their model. Full article is here;

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4988639/

Makes interesting reading, I'll do some more searching but interested in anyone has looked into this or knows of an existing model / site that crawls this data and models it.

edit - and one here based on tweets - http://cs229.stanford.edu/proj2015/029_report.pdf
                      Last edited by Agent; 12 December 2017, 22:31.

Comment

Working...
                      X