• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    How very dare somebody to post opposite views on the public forum

They should be grateful there's people on here helping them keep it real.

I truly admire their courage if they get out of these investments with a massive profit. I'll have to settle for the below inflation rate payback of premium bonds for my gambling threshold fix.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyInHades View Post
      Ethereum running like a slug due to demand surges ..
      Sell off in the market and they are trying to slow it down artificially?

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
        Outages like his is why the current implementations of crypto currency are doomed to fail. If they can't handle a few thousand punters while the tech is in its infancy it ain't gonna do well as a global currency.

"exchanges suspended ... may resume operation in 8 hours". The banks must be tulipting themselves.

One day a solution with its tulip together will steamroller the entire market. Don't get caught with your investments in all the tulipcoins when that happens.
        That's why Stellar will succeed, can manage tens of thousands of transactions every second. Even VISA can't make that statement.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Sell off in the market and they are trying to slow it down artificially?

Artificial manipulation of the market? If it is then it sounds a bit like QE to me
          Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Stellar feels like it's getting ready to take off.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              Stellar feels like it's getting ready to take off.
              Just watching it now. Fingers crossed!
              Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

How very dare somebody to post opposite views on the public forum
                You aren't posting an opposite view though are you - you're just bleeting "crypto investment is a terrabad idea" - well done. Why don't you produce a legitimate argument as to why it's a bad idea with some facts, figures, predicted dates of when you think it will fail, why you think you will fail and what factors will determine the failure of the multiple currencies currently in circulation on the market. Maybe then some people will actually take you seriously.

It's great that people pose opposing ideas, that's how debate is formed and things are moved forward. But just saying something is a bad idea is about as constructive as it is intelligent. Let's not forget, that was essentially old Tezza's argument against Corbyn; "har har har, you wouldn't trust him, would you? Look at him" - look how that panned out.

Of course currencies in their infancy are going to struggle in times of high demand. If I configured a shiny new conference centre for all of the staff to use and put in one computer with one camera, the initial uptake would be quite slow because it's new tech. As the staff start to realise the power of Skype meetings vs. having to travel uptake would increase and resource would become contended, i'd need to add more computers and cameras to accomodate. However, I wouldn't build a shiny new conference centre assuming that was going to happen, you sell the concept first and then expand once you have determined there is a market.

It is also worth remembering that any media attention is good, there's no such thing as negative media attention. Look at the Trump campaign. Impeachment? No chance. Best sales job ever.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
                  Artificial manipulation of the market? If it is then it sounds a bit like QE to me
                  QE is printing money.

Stopping people from transacting their own money is completely different matter.

Comment

Originally posted by mattfx View Post
                    Why don't you produce a legitimate argument as to why it's a bad idea with some facts, figures, predicted dates of when you think it will fail, why you think you will fail and what factors will determine the failure of the multiple currencies currently in circulation on the market. Maybe then some people will actually take you seriously.
                    Yeah, I am going to dedicate my life to that now

If you don't take warnings seriously then sell your house and go all into tulipcoins, fine by me.

Comment

QE is printing money.

Stopping people from transacting their own money is completely different matter.
                      It's artificial manipulation of the economy...some would say it is/should be illegal

Comment

Working...
                      X