• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Live from Polski Sklep. Some polish already planning return

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live from Polski Sklep. Some polish already planning return

I knew few friends that are going back to Poland. Mostly unskilled workers. Rumour goes in polski sklep that many shoppers (poles) are considering /planning to leave the island. Not sure how will that translate into numbers, but it actually might.

I'm not planning to leave yet, but definitely got this on the table now.

boomed for you I guess.

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
    I knew few friends that are going back to Poland. Mostly unskilled workers. Rumour goes in polski sklep that many shoppers (poles) are considering /planning to leave the island. Not sure how will that translate into numbers, but it actually might.

boomed for you I guess.
    A bit of hard manual work would get the likes of shauny in better shape, saving money for the NHS and reducing the dependence on EU healthcare workers.

Win all round.

Comment

IT contractors might be tempted to become plumbers nowadays...

Comment

boomed for you I guess.
        If they are legitimately allowed to reside and work in the UK there is no reason for them to leave unless they want to.

Not really boomed or doomed just meh.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          If they are legitimately allowed to reside and work in the UK there is no reason for them to leave unless they want to.

Nah it probably will be a trend. The sense of unwelcomeness. Polish media and few prominent polish politicians say you prefer muslims than poles.

And that we are the reason of brexit.
          Last edited by diseasex; 29 March 2017, 12:40.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

Apart form the increase in overt racism and general "go back home" sentiment that's been fostered since the Vote.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Polish media and few prominent polish politicians say you prefer muslims than poles.
              I guess there are racists in every nationality...
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                I guess there are racists in every nationality...
                Muslim and Polish isn't a race. Its a group of people. And yes that's what they say in biggest polish media.

Comment

Muslim and Polish isn't a race. Its a group of people. And yes that's what they say in biggest polish media.
                  Nice to see your media is as stupid as ours.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    Nice to see your media is as stupid as ours.
                    Not quite. I firmly believe that too. And as for poles being the reason for brexit? I think it was large factor.

Comment

Working...
                    X