• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Live from Polski Sklep. Some polish already planning return"

Collapse

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by diseasex View Post
    Not that I'm aware of.
    Of course...........

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Not romanian but gypsies. The same way as english towards irish travellers. Long list of reasons for this.
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    True it's mostly Gypsies, but Romanians in general are seen by other Eastern Europeans as low class pests as well
    A minority of Romanians are ethnic Hungarians so it gets even more messy.

Leave a comment:

• diseasex
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Well I do hope that nobody in your school went to the extremes of picking on them, and demanding to know when they might be going home to their own country!!
    Not that I'm aware of.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Nah just been robbed by them more than few times when I was younger, just as everyone in my school too.
    Glad most of them left here and dispersed (maybe even working, highly doubt though)
    Well I do hope that nobody in your school went to the extremes of picking on them, and demanding to know when they might be going home to their own country!!

Leave a comment:

• diseasex
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Seems to me you have some kind of axe to grind.

Just sayin' like
    Nah just been robbed by them more than few times when I was younger, just as everyone in my school did.
    Glad most of them left here and dispersed (maybe even working, highly doubt though)

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Not romanian but gypsies. The same way as english towards irish travellers. Long list of reasons for this.
    Seems to me you have some kind of axe to grind.

Just sayin' like

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied
    Careful dude. Noones calling anyone pests
    They are both pests here.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Eirikur seems to dispute that.

Just saying. We wouldn't want any accusations of Hypocrisy flying around, would we?

Leave a comment:

• diseasex
    replied
    So are these other "Eastern Europeans" any relation to the "Eastern Europeans" that seem to be harping on about being treated as "low class pests" since Brexit?

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    So are these other "Eastern Europeans" any relation to the "Eastern Europeans" that seem to be harping on about being treated as "low class pests" since Brexit?
    Can't be.

Surely

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Romanians in general are seen by other Eastern Europeans as low class pests as well

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    True it's mostly Gypsies, but Romanians in general are seen by other Eastern Europeans as low class pests as well
    Last edited by Eirikur; 31 March 2017, 12:00.

Leave a comment:

• diseasex
    replied
    Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
    I do note however that most East Europeans have a healthy disrespect for Romanians.
    Last edited by diseasex; 31 March 2017, 07:59.

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied
    No wonder we've got brexit since such dumb people were allowed to vote on such complicated topic.
    Odd how in the 70's it was a simple in or out vote eh?

As for Polish, I grew up in Hastings where there are strong ties to the Polish community (and have been since WW2). I see the same thing here in Manchester. Things are very different in Bournemouth (where my SIL lives) where these 'foreigners' are taking our jobs etc etc. Oddly the only time you see an Asian is in the Indian restaurant (where, I understand they have to endure most kinds of casual racism). So I guess if you live in an area that went through all of the immigration from the 50's on wards then there's a different perspective. I do note however that most East Europeans have a healthy disrespect for Romanians.

Leave a comment:

• Benny
    replied
    Originally posted by Bee View Post
    Deeper.

Try to change the perspective.
    Poland is a deep dump ?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X