• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

At last

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    The problem as recounted by Doctor & Pharmacist Friends is that people ask for Aspirin on prescription because they get them free. You can tell them its cheaper to buy them from Tesco, they don't care they aren't paying. people will go quite far for free.

You can get sun tan lotion, cough medicine & baby milk on prescription as well.
    So the 'lazy dole-scroungers' are happy to phone up, make an appointment, travel to their local GP, wait around, have the appointment, travel to the nearest pharmacy, wait for the prescription to be filled, just to save 50p?
    They sound to have quite a work ethic to me! Not to mention, I thought you couldn't GET an appointment with your GP these days because of all the foreigners.

Sun tan lotion I can see a case for providing it free anyway. Especially since it frequently is extortionate.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Are you relevant?
      Well, probably not, but I'm not the one claiming to be an expert on a £110 billion health budget with absolutely no formal medical training or experience in the industry.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        Well, probably not, but I'm not the one claiming to be an expert on a £110 billion health budget with absolutely no formal medical training or experience in the industry.
        Who is?
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          So the 'lazy dole-scroungers' are happy to phone up, make an appointment, travel to their local GP, wait around, have the appointment, travel to the nearest pharmacy, wait for the prescription to be filled, just to save 50p?
          They sound to have quite a work ethic to me! Not to mention, I thought you couldn't GET an appointment with your GP these days because of all the foreigners.

Sun tan lotion I can see a case for providing it free anyway. Especially since it frequently is extortionate.
          You can get an appointment with your GP.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

I think what is more likely (I don't have any evidence - just a guess) is that paracetamol is added to a prescription with other items already on. The argument being made is not to prescribe it but to advise the patient to buy it. It's interesting from an informatics perspective as the issuing of a prescription (an order) and the dispensing of the medication (fulfillment of the order) populate medication records. They will now need to be added to the meds record in another way. Perhaps paracetamol should still be included on the prescription and dispensing record, but paid for by the patient at over the counter rates. Or of course the patient may buy paracetamol outside of a pharmacist and it will need to be added to the record within a medication reconciliation process at a subsequent appointment.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
              Pharmacists should be relevant as they offer professional advice on medication management, contraindication etc., and offer this for free for over the counter meds bought in pharmacies.
              Not for the process that vetran and I were discussing. Keep your nose out.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                Not for the process that vetran and I were discussing. Keep your nose out.
                Carry on - watching thickos "discuss" stuff is fun.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

maybe its lazy dole scroungers or old people or people on low incomes or those with medical exemptions?

Help with prescription costs - Health costs - NHS Choices

Of course as 89% of perscriptions are free I suspect its all of the above.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...iption_charges

Analysis of Government figures reveals the cost of paracetamol prescriptions has been steadily rising over the last five years with the Government spending at least £282million over the course of this parliament prescribing the medicine.
                  Critics have said that spending almost £300 million handing out a painkiller that is available cheaply over the counter is “extraordinary” and say the money would be better spent on life-saving medicines or front line staffing.
                  NHS spends on £80 million a year on paracetamol prescriptions - Telegraph

The prescription is to get rid of the patient

Painkillers no longer free for some NHS patients | Meridian - ITV News
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Oh dear. Haven't you got an old school chum to go and bend over for somewhere? Or a pig's head to shag?
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

well it seems the medical "experts" don't know much either because they are throwing good money away.

Wouldn't be permitted in the private sector.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X