• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sovereign Parliament

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lords approve the Bill unamended (in a couple of minutes at least ). Job done, Royal assent tomorrow morning, I expect.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
      Lords approve the Bill unamended (in a couple of minutes at least ). Job done, Royal assent tomorrow morning, I expect.
      Who is going to tell the poor they've been hornswoggled?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
        The pettifogger?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
          It's every man for himself now, fook the poor.
          Perhaps The posh boys Farage, Pffelel Johnson and Rees Mogg can start a charity "Workhouses for the Brexit Poor".

Talking to parents at my sons prep school yesterday, I think the Beleavers underestimate the wrath of the Remainers, purely because the latter do not rant.
          But there was a a definite desire for revenge and punishment.
          Last edited by sasguru; 13 March 2017, 22:25. Reason: P
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            It's every man for himself now, fook the poor.
            Perhaps The posh boys Farage, Johnson and Rees Mogg can start a charity "Workhouses for the Brexit Poor".
            Jacob Rees Mogg has strong working class support. He even brings his nanny out canvassing.

Comment

I was watching some of the Commons debate yesterday. People making interesting points on both sides, but you sensed they knew full well that it was entirely redundant. All that impassioned debate and the reality is Theresa May would order her MPs to support the government's position and that would be that. Which is pretty much what happened.

That's what we mean by a "sovereign parliament". One that does whatever the government wants.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post

That's what we mean by a "sovereign parliament". One that does whatever the government wants.
                Well, usually the government is run by the party that have the majority, and those of that party not in the government want to be in, so they'll usually go along with it. 'Twas ever thus.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  Well, usually the government is run by the party that have the majority, and those of that party not in the government want to be in, so they'll usually go along with it. 'Twas ever thus.
                  It's usually run by elected PM - May isn't elected and got no mandate for dictatorial decisions like that - all who voted like she said are complicit now

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
                    I assume that includes:

- Cost of £4,300 per family per annum (didn't happen)
                    etc......
                    It didn't happen yet, it was a prediction for several years time.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      It's usually run by elected PM - May isn't elected and got no mandate for dictatorial decisions like that - all who voted like she said are complicit now
                      As a foreigner who has made the UK their home you should learn about UK politics.

May is elected.

Party leaders are chosen by party members including MPs to be the leader.

The party with the most MPs forms the government.

Hence May is as much elected as Camoron.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X