• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tony Blair

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    So both odious figures have as much right to speak about it as each other.
    Everyone has the right to speak what they think. As someone who was PM for a decade or so and has been active on the world stage quite a bit, TB has at least as much clout as someone who can't even become an MP.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      Overseas, yes. Not so much here...
      I don't think that's true. He's just an ex-PM to most people.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        As mentioned earlier.

Not so. According to Sir David Richards, who led the intervention, Sir Richards personally requested that Blair allow him to expand their remit. Blair decided to back the plan, despite little, if any, direct benefit to Britain or British interests. It certainly fits in with Blair's ideas that Britain should intervene when there's a strong moral case.

I don't like the man, never voted for him, and always thought him dangerous, but it is simply not the case that he never achieved anything good.
        It's easy to forget the mess the NHS was in pre-1997 as well.

Comment

Not much of a thread if no-one has anything positive to say about him.

Let me start. Just give me some time....

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
            He has more right then that cretin Farage ever did to speak out on the matter.
            No-one has more or less right than anyone else to have an opinion on anything. Unless you're a Stalinist.
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
              It's easy to forget the mess the NHS was in pre-1997 as well.
              Not easy to forget all PFIs signed since though.

Comment

" I urge the British people to rise up and turn off the TV next time Tony Blair's on"

Boris Johnson quote from earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Not much of a thread if no-one has anything positive to say about him.

Let me start. Just give me some time....
                  He put more money into the NHS so waiting times decreased. However GPs got richer without improvement in treatment before the money stopped rolling in and they decided to leave. There are loads of PFI deals for hospitals which will take generations to pay off.....

He put more money into education and more kids went to university. Leaving them and the government with debts that will never be paid back. There are loads of PFI deals for schools which will take generations to pay off....

He helped stop the war in Sierra Leone. However Sierra Leonians are still unhappy with the effects of inequality in their country....

He helped stop the war in the former Yugoslavia. Allowing the nations to join the EU and people to move to the Western EU...

Mmmm that's it.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
                    " I urge the British people to rise up and turn off the TV next time Tony Blair's on"

Boris Johnson quote from earlier.
                    It's more fun shouting at it.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      It's more fun shouting at it.
                      Not good for the blood pressure though.

Comment

Working...
                      X