• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The ever loving EU again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Switzerland isn't in the EU. Spain will fall over themselves to play nice though, UK tourists are the only reason their economy hasn't fallen off the cliff.
    Ohhh don't bring education into this.

You laud yourself too much on the wealth (not to mention piss poor behaviour) UK tourists bring to Spain, when in fact they only service the costal regions.

Why Is Spain’s Economy Expanding So Robustly Without a Government?

Spanish economy prospers despite continued political stalemate

It is more than a little disconcerting how much the British media has influenced public opinion. Fake news doesn't come close to describing it. Read my signature.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      because the EU refused to return the favour as is addressed clearly in your quote.
      In other words the British government have decided to use people as bargaining chips. I think any attempt to claim the moral high ground has been lost.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        because the EU refused to return the favour as is addressed clearly in your quote.
        This can't simply be agreed because it requires the decision of 27 countries, and they're not going to get into long involved discussions, before the UK has given notice.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          This can't simply be agreed because it requires the decision of 27 countries, and they're not going to get into long involved discussions, before the UK has given notice.
          Yet when I manage my side of a project the first thing I do is get difficult discussions out of the way early so we can concentrate on the work.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            Yet when I manage my side of a project the first thing I do is get difficult discussions out of the way early so we can concentrate on the work.
            You can't get difficult discussions out of the way before everyone's arrived for the meeting.

But you could tell everybody your position in advance.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              I think you'll find there is an enormous amount of indifference in the EU about Brexit. There is very little in the newspapers, very few TV discussion shows and no-one is talking about it.

When the British Government starts trying to push for trade talks I think they're going to face a wall of apathy, and the general attitude is if Britain falls out of the EU and all the lorries are blocked at the border, that's their problem.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                Ohhh don't bring education into this.
                Fair point, that would take it to way-over-your-head.

Read my signature.
                I did, and thought immediately of the EU. Funny that
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I think you'll find there is an enormous amount of indifference in the EU about Brexit. There is very little in the newspapers, very few TV discussion shows and no-one is talking about it.
                  How very odd. Media manipulation?

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
                    Never happened, nowhere, never.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
                      EDGASAB(A)
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X