• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    Previously the tax laws allowed the person who gains most be deciding they are outside to make the decision - and surprisingly that decision was I'm outside and here is some paperwork (with industry attached) to prove it and argue the point).

Now the law is changing to ensure the person who is recruiting the person (and therefore should have a good idea how that role fits within the organisation) to make the decision...

To be honest I suspect the new way is going to be fairer once its fully working. I know that I will be avoiding a few contracts but chances are I will be able to sleep better at night knowing HMRC won't come a knocking
    and if HMRC decide the client's opinion is wrong will you wake up then?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      and if HMRC decide the client's opinion is wrong will you wake up then?
      Won't be my problem for the liability of the decision is at the agency level (or at the client if they provided false information in the first place). The great thing about the new changes are we are not responsible for them.

Hence I would be happy to take an Public Sector Role determined to be outside IR35.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Won't be my problem for the liability of the decision is at the agency level (or at the client if they provided false information in the first place). The great thing about the new changes are we are not responsible for them.

Hence I would be happy to take an Public Sector Role determined to be outside IR35.
        and you believe that? oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          and you believe that? oh well.
          Well am cynical. But I've also seen somethings under an NDA which I know you haven't so with the correct agency I see nowt to worry about....

Comment

Well am cynical. But I've also seen somethings under an NDA which I know you haven't so with the correct agency I see nowt to worry about....
            Agency or contract?
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

wish you luck!

and how do you know I haven't? I know all about the warm liver & toilet roll clause.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                Agency or contract?
                In the new world, agency.... You don't want a small one that's going to go belly up....

Comment

It won't be taking one that's the problem.....

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                    How do I abuse the tax system?
                    Are you asking for tips?

Anyone who takes the bulk of their company income as dividends is 'abusing' the system. abusing
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post

That aside, the BBC article is both annoying and heartening at the same time. While it liberally swaps between tax evasion and tax avoidance (not paying at all versus paying as little as legally possible), there appears to be a clear message that the lowest paid should be employees rather than gig workers. Hopefully there's an intent to use the correct sledgehammer to crack the nut this time.
                      Wasn't about tax, but there was a good slot on BBC breakfast this morning discussing the Taylor review with one of the IPSE bods - he did a good job of promoting the positives IMO.

BBC iPlayer - Breakfast - 14/02/2017 - 46:20 onwards

Comment

Working...
                      X