• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Look at all those carcinogenic causing particles

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bah! You youngsters today have no idea what real London smog looks like!
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

You can convince the rest of the world for not going to work in London.

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Why would you want to pay £ Millions for a bedsit to breath this?

'Filthy air' prompts 'very high' pollution alert for London

Anyway never mind that..

Went skiing on Saturday, get a lung full of that would you.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Can't we just look at photos of China?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Why would you want to pay £ Millions for a bedsit to breath this?
          Plan B....?

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
            Plan B....?

I think San Fransisco have a better Plan B: Hangar One | Fog Point

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

If they didn't have air purifiers in China I think we'd be seeing a lot more deaths there. It sounds horrific but amidst all the stories on climate change and environmentalism gets only minor coverage in our news. Which seems strange because it's direct, compelling evidence of man ruining their environment. On a more local scale, true but still...
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                ...It's also interesting that scooterscot believes you can't catch pneumonia from being out in the snow too long.
                If you're out in the cold too long your immune system could be weakened, leading to infections that could end up as pneumonia, but you don't catch pneumonia from the snow or the cold directly. Hypothermia is a far greater risk.

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                Very misleading. The photo is of fog not smog. I lived in the Alps for five years, it gets fogy in the Alps too
                Gets old fogy here as well.
                Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  If you're out in the cold too long your immune system could be weakened, leading to infections that could end up as pneumonia, but you don't catch pneumonia from the snow or the cold directly. Hypothermia is a far greater risk.
                  I couldn't be bothered myself to explain cascading effects.

We might as well talk about how sunspots affect the price of fishcakes in Hong Kong.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I couldn't be bothered myself to explain cascading effects.

We might as well talk about how sunspots affect the price of fishcakes in Hong Kong.
                    It's not the same and you know it.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Well YOU might as well. It would be about as relevant as anything else you have brought to the table.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                      X