• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Eurovision

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    When will the BBC learn it's Kyiv and not Kiev the latter being the Russian (the former occupiers) version of the city. If they can change Peking in Beijing they can do thatas well
    Write to them and object.

They do eventually take notice if enough people email them.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      What £350,000?

I thought it was £350 million.
      we are used to d000hg being a thousand times wrong
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Write to them and object.

They do eventually take notice if enough people email them.
        I know that many people already did write them, including government officials, and they ignored it, so far

Comment

It's odd itsn't it that all EU projects end up being vanity prestige projects that cost the hosts money (£25M in this case, for winning last time)

If they can change Peking in Beijing
          Apparently this is just because Mandarin is now taught using a more phonetic version of their language and the change reflects how it should always have been spelt.

If you'd said Mumbai or Chennai then you'd be on the right track.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
            When will the BBC learn it's Kyiv and not Kiev the latter being the Russian (the former occupiers) version of the city. If they can change Peking in Beijing they can do that as well
            You better write a letter and tell Ukraine Airlines as well... Kyiv does not work!

Book Flights - Ukraine International Airlines (UIA)
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              we are used to d000hg being a thousand times wrong
              Out of a post-count of 30,000 that's a pretty good track record.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Today is the day.
                Who is going to win?

Comment

Hmmm... looking foward to hearing some great numbers this weekend.

I'll be watching the whole show from the very first note.

Can't wait.

I'll be rooting for Sweden as usual, partly because I've given up on the UK ever winning again* but mainly because Sweden are the best hosts and we'll get to see the wonnerful Lynda Woodruff with her hilarious skit as an official spokesperson of the European Broadcasting Union.

*The last time we won it was one of those occassions that I remember what I was doing when I heard the news. We were all bowling along the Polden Hills on our way back from Lynmouth when the news came in that Katrina and the Waves had won with Walking on Sunshine so we all piles into the nearby Toby Inn and had a celebratory drink.

Comment

Sweeden this year looks like a Justin Timberlake wannabe.
                    Compare the Sweedish promotion video with the Justin Timberlake at the Oscars.

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
                    Hmmm... looking foward to hearing some great numbers this weekend.

I'll be watching the whole show from the very first note.

Can't wait.

I'll be rooting for Sweden as usual, partly because I've given up on the UK ever winning again* but mainly because Sweden are the best hosts and we'll get to see the wonnerful Lynda Woodruff with her hilarious skit as an official spokesperson of the European Broadcasting Union.

*The last time we won it was one of those occassions that I remember what I was doing when I heard the news. We were all bowling along the Polden Hills on our way back from Lynmouth when the news came in that Katrina and the Waves had won with Walking on Sunshine so we all piles into the nearby Toby Inn and had a celebratory drink.

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
                      Today is the day.
                      Who is going to win?
                      I think the UK is null point.

These days its politics that decide the voting.

Comment

Working...
                      X