• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Theresa May's Brexit Plan I Want, I Want, I Want

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    It is comfortable to blame others, I'll give you that.

Compared to a number of other smaller EU states (and larger) infrastructure has remained state owned. Here in the UK we privatise the lot for a quick cash injection and happy shareholders. Profit is not returned to the state, why would we expect improvement?

Indeed small businesses throughout Germany receive much support from the state, selling their products throughout the EU. The UK is about to throw a number of hurdles in front of small business to access the EU. If I were a small business I'd be seriously looking to relocated to the larger customer base.

In my view the UK can only blame itself. I recall the third Heathrow runway being discussed 16 year ago. It'll be beyond 20 before it becomes. Meanwhile Germany has built a new high-speed railway between Munich and Berlin.

As the saying goes you don't know what you've lost until it's gone. And it's not a lesson that needs teaching as younger generations shall now be deprived of opportunity by a hysterical older generation.

Scooter,

as I am sure you well know, what you have described is the unfortunate difference between us (Britain) and ze Germans

Us (Britain) unfortunately, in general, our government and big business are totally short term oriented, privatization, quick money here, quick money there, from the Government through to big business and the banking system, there is no culture or mentality to invest in the long term

Ze Germans, they are, and always have been, long term thinkers and players, they lay down foundations for industries which will become world players during the next 2, 3, or 4 generations and on a continuously rolling basis, with this underlying mentality and culture, they have a government and business and bank lending system which is happy with long term planning and long term returns and not distracted by a quick buck here and there

Unfortunately, that is how it is, and that is one of the fundamental keys to their success

Milan.

Comment

Many Brexitiers just don't get this very simple statement:

Joseph Muscat, prime minister of Malta, which holds the EU’s rotating presidency: “We want a fair deal for the UK, but that deal needs to be inferior to membership. This should not come as a surprise. Thinking it can come otherwise indicates a detachment from reality.”
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Joseph Muscat, prime minister of Malta, which holds the EU’s rotating presidency: “We want a fair deal for the UK, but that deal needs to be inferior to membership. This should not come as a surprise. Thinking it can come otherwise indicates a detachment from reality.”
        Restricted movement would be inferior to full membership.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

It will be inferior - there will be no unrestricted freedom of movement of people.
          Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Yes, you have to protect the ideology regardless of how much it hurts your own people.

Good to see that the German car manufacturers acknowledge that punishing us will hurt them too though. I'm sure they are happy with that.
            Last edited by GB9; 19 January 2017, 14:35.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
              Yes, you have to protect the ideology regardless of how much it hurts your own people.
              Did you copy that from the Tory manifesto?
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Did you copy that from the Tory manifesto?
                No, he simply extrapolated it from the available data. You should try it sometime.

Honestly, it makes one wonder just how you keep that dunce's hat of yours secured to that low sloping forehead. Do you just sit still a lot or have you stapled it into the wood?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
                  Ah, the North Korean analogy
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

May will get what she wants - Brexit that means Brexit.

And why not, she asked for it?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      May will get what she wants - Brexit that means Brexit.

And why not, she asked for it?
                      A red, white and blue Brexit.

"Allons enfants de la Patrie
                      Le jour de gloire est arrive.."
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X