• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Saddest Thing About Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    You're discussing individual lives as if they were pawns on a chess board and you ask me what's wrong with that?

I always thought a core value of UK beliefs were to put the welfare of its citizens above all else. Clearly, heute nicht.
    You seem to change your tone and empathy levels depending how it suits the content of your comment.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      Please just read up on how Germany has handled the Greek crisis, just read about it. Then come back and revisit you this comment.
      How did the Brits handle the Greek crisis:

Completely ignored it.

How did Germany handle the Greek crisis:

Offered that they could leave the Euro or have billions in credit.
      When the Greeks came back for more, allowed them to have interest free loans
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
        the point of the thread is not how we got to Brexit

the point of the thread is...

imagine there was no Brexit, what work would be consuming the government's time ?

hmmm...

Improving Schools

Improving NHS

Foreign policy

Improving Britain's regions

Fixing the potholes

well that's all gone out the window for the next ten years because everybody's going to be tied up in Brexit meetings for the next ten years without any time of capacity to do the other stuff that they would have been doing had Brexit not happened

And to cap it all, the Brexit is going to be a feckup - no matter what Brexiters say, by the time everything is negotiated, we're going to end up like Norway or Switzerland, paying a fortune in to have the trade benefits, adhering to every law anyway, and getting nothing out - I told you so.

The scandal is that those who seduced the Brexit voters had no plan in place, because they never expected to win.

Brexit is providing a fantastic distraction to either hide other things the government is up to, or, enable the government not to work on other things, or both, because they are "busy with the Brexit"

Milan.
        The main role of the so called government is to protect the banking class which creates fiat money. For the government it doesn't matter what it does, it will keep doing something as long as it gets paid. Brexit is a local policy which preserves the economy model of a western country. The people who are dealing with this are having it business as usual. They do something ... they make money with their corporate friends.

Comment

You're discussing individual lives as if they were pawns on a chess board and you ask me what's wrong with that?

I always thought a core value of UK beliefs were to put the welfare of its citizens above all else. Clearly, heute nicht.
          So why do you have a problem with the UK which has already said it is happy to agree to residency rights now.

Why aren't you criticising the EU for not guaranteeing reciprocal rights? They are the ones holding things up, not the UK. You should be asking why they don't care about you when you have pledged your allegiance to them.

Comment

Congratulations! I'm not ready to sit B1 myself, perhaps by the end of the year. Mein articles gib mich zu viele problems! By the time I sit B1 it'll just coincide with 8-years of residency. Talk about photo finish.
            geben mir

I've started doing German B1 pt 2 with Lingoda. 8 lessons down in a week, 30 to go and then I get the certificate. Doesn't seem likely my plan of beating Article 50 is going to come off, but at least with this getting a work permit shouldn't be too hard. Though really I want to get B2 on my c.v. and then go looking for a job.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

Completely ignored it.

The Greek crisis was caused mainly by German banks lending recklessly to Greece in order for Greece to buy more German goods. Germany didn't forgo the debt and allow Greece to rebuild or even accept plans that would allow Greece to do this. Greece is selling off the family silver with no hope of getting out of this spiral until it's pretty much a puppet of Germany.

A compassionate Germany would have forgiven part of the debt and allowed Greece to invest and implement modernization so its economy could grow and prosper. Like UK, France and US did with Germany.

Comment

The Greek crisis was caused mainly by German banks lending recklessly to Greece in order for Greece to buy more German goods. Germany didn't forgo the debt and allow Greece to rebuild or even accept plans that would allow Greece to do this. Greece is selling off the family silver with no hope of getting out of this spiral until it's pretty much a puppet of Germany.

A compassionate Germany would have forgiven part of the debt and allowed Greece to invest and implement modernization so its economy could grow and prosper. Like UK, France and US did with Germany.
                The Greeks should be grateful Juncker didn't have his army or their boots would have been all over them.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

Completely ignored it.

Not strictly true, we carried on going there on our holidays, thus enhancing the job opportunities for the street cleaners of Kavos. It was a pain in the arse queuing at the cash-points though.
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
                    So why do you have a problem with the UK which has already said it is happy to agree to residency rights now.

Why aren't you criticising the EU for not guaranteeing reciprocal rights? They are the ones holding things up, not the UK. You should be asking why they don't care about you when you have pledged your allegiance to them.
                    Its all your fault you bastard you started it, how could you leave me???

Check your closet Scooter may have cut up all your clothes.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Facts, Facts Facts you keep saying them instead of believing my emotions which are more important.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X