• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Saddest Thing About Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    You do know a50 has not yet been triggered? Thicker than cold broth.
    Lets work the logic of this for you.

By saying "no negotiation until A50" the EU is making people part of the negotiation. Not the UK. The EU is. We are happy to agree beforehand and give people the certainty they deserve but the EU says "no".

If I'm thick you are brain dead.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
      Lets work the logic of this for you.

By saying "no negotiation until A50" the EU is making people part of the negotiation. Not the UK. The EU is. We are happy to agree beforehand and give people the certainty they deserve but the EU says "no".

If I'm thick you are brain dead.

GB9, if I were the EU I would do the same, no negotiation until you pull the rip cord of the parachute.

What's the point of negotiation before A50 is triggered ? Waste of time.

You Brexiters, standup and tell the PM to get on with it and issue the A50. What is there to wait for ?

Then negotiate the terms.

It's a divorce, in a divorce you don't agree the divorce settlement and then register for divorce and go court do you ? You do the divorce thing whatever it is, issue the papers we're getting divorced and then you go to court and then you negotiate the settlement.

I mean, you wouldn't say to your Mrs, I am thinking of getting divorced, if we did divorce, what would you want as a settlement ? And then she demands the earth and you say, actually love, I changed my mind, I love you and want us to stay together ? That's what you are saying the EU should accept for negotiating Britain's exit before issuing the A50 !

What of that don't you get ?

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post

Milan.
        Milan, he's glacially slow on the uptake.
        You might have to repeat things several times before he gets it.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          The Remain Defence rests their case your Honour.

Milan.

Comment

It's a divorce, in a divorce you don't agree the divorce settlement and then register for divorce and go court do you ? You do the divorce thing whatever it is, issue the papers we're getting divorced and then you go to court and then you negotiate the settlement.

I mean, you wouldn't say to your Mrs, I am thinking of getting divorced, if we did divorce, what would you want as a settlement ? And then she demands the earth and you say, actually love, I changed my mind, I love you and want us to stay together ? That's what you are saying the EU should accept for negotiating Britain's exit before issuing the A50 !

Milan.
            Think it through Milan. If you where to say to your husband that you wanted to get divorced and a divorce takes months. You could still move out of the shared home and decide with good faith that one of you should keep the dog. The dogs welfare is important to you both and you decide to put that first.

However, if you decide well actually I want the car and I'm going to use the dog as bargaining chip then that's different. What GB9 is saying both sides could have said look, this is causing distress lets agree to let people stay. It's not a formal negotiation but lets come out and say it.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Who's a nasty pasty.

Comment

GB9 is a cretin who thinks that in negotiations the other (much stronger!) party would be doing things much weaker party demands for the benefit of the weaker party, that can ultimately massively feck up the strong party.

It's obvious that for the sake of survival EU can't do it even if they liked Britain very much, and you can bet that they didn't.

May and Co just doing their best to blame EU for all the bad things that will happen from "clean" (ie hard) Brexit, however it's entirely of their own doing - appointing a cretinous Foreign Secretary who can't keep his mouth shut does not help too.

Comment

The Remain Defence rests their case your Honour.

Milan.
                  You have just had a good ole moan, no arguments or reason. You have rested your gob, that's about it.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    GB9 is a cretin who thinks that in negotiations the other (much stronger!) party would be doing things much weaker party demands for the benefit of the weaker party, that can ultimately massively feck up the strong party.

It's obvious that for the sake of survival EU can't do it even if they liked Britain very much, and you can bet that they didn't.

May and Co just doing their best to blame EU for all the bad things that will happen from "clean" (ie hard) Brexit, however it's entirely of their own doing - appointing a cretinous Foreign Secretary who can't keep his mouth shut does not help too.

+1

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

You lost me with this "GB9 is a cretin " - just a big ole insult and moan, no facts or reason. Disappointed.

Comment

Working...
                      X