• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cruise Control

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Therein lies your problem. Also applies to A4 Repmobiles too.
    The other option is the freak out mode where you set the distance as close as possible to the car in front as the system allows.

I did that once on a country lane after someone overtook me at an insane place. Don't think he will do it again in a hurry...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      The other option is the freak out mode where you set the distance as close as possible to the car in front as the system allows.

I did that once on a country lane after someone overtook me at an insane place. Don't think he will do it again in a hurry...
      And presumably unless they have really good brakes and slam them on, it's totally safe because the reaction time is virtually zero?
      One example why car trains are so great
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        And presumably unless they have really good brakes and slam them on, it's totally safe because the reaction time is virtually zero?
        One example why car trains are so great
        I can see a future in the outside lane of motorways becoming 100mph car trains that charge your car as well. Potentially you'll just have to set which junction you want to leave the motorway at and it'll drop you out of the lane at a convenient point in advance of said junction.

Anything to give me hope that the M6 won't always be this tulip.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Mate's wife got done at 110MPH in his M3 and is going to court this week. She obviously doesn't know how to use cruise control or speed limiters.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
            Mate's wife got done at 110MPH in his M3 and is going to court this week. She obviously doesn't know how to use cruise control or speed limiters.
            Or to look out for the police even in unmarked cars.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

At 110 you don't have a lot of time to spot them
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                Agree completely apart from what I tend to find is if I leave adaptive cruise on most BMW drivers mistake the appropriate gap it leaves for an excuse to cut in which makes my car slow down to reset the distance
                Actually that is a minor drawback of ACC - normally if you are overtaking a line of traffic and a car inside approaches a slower moving vehicle you might ease off slightly to make space for him to cut in. For me, with my ACC on, I'm thinking "Well if you pull out, my ACC will pull back and let you in. It's not my fault if you can't be more assertive". It's not as polite as I would ideally like.
                "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

On my commute to work I only use it through motorway roadworks and a dual carriageway where the limit is 50mph. The rest of the time the traffic is changing speed too much to make it worthwhile. Although I did drive from Manchester to Scotland last year and was able to use it a lot more on the outward and return journeys. I'd miss it if my next car didn't have it.
                  • The meaning of life is to give life meaning
                  • Worrying about tomorrow spoils today

Comment

I had one of these that had cruise control, bloody lethal in town if you accidentally put it on...

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X