• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Next time we get a boring "what laptop should I buy?" thread in Technical...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
    Not sure of the point of this. I need one good screen (i.e. the retina display on my 15 inch MBP) and then the ability to dock it at work and home, this laptop seems a bit pointless to me
    Are you a gamer who takes their laptop to do gaming at other peoples' houses?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Are you a gamer who takes their laptop to do gaming at other peoples' houses?
      Let me check... oh hang on I have a life!

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Built in projector, or send to glasses?
        Direct connection to visual centres of the brain.

Just need to have the receiver installed in your head at your local Apple Store.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Let me check... oh hang on I have a life!
          Yeah, hanging out with other people playing games isn't at all sociable or having a life. I guess you sit down the pub getting lashed on your smartphone like a ream person

Comment

Not sure of the point of this. I need one good screen (i.e. the retina display on my 15 inch MBP) and then the ability to dock it at work and home, this laptop seems a bit pointless to me
            I know this may shock you, but other people may have differing requirements. If that thing was light enough (unlikely, though my current beast is heavy) then I'd give it real consideration.

Comment

Psst...anybody want to buy a laptop, no returns, no warranty, cash only

CES 2017: Razer three-screened laptops 'stolen' - BBC News

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                I am waiting for apple to be brave and bring out a laptop without a screen
                A desktop then?
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                  A desktop then?
                  With a built-in battery. Trains are getting power sockets more reliably but I still wouldn't want to plug my MacMini into one for work.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    With a built-in battery. Trains are getting power sockets more reliably but I still wouldn't want to plug my MacMini into one for work.
                    I use my Windows Surface on the train, very easy and good battery life on it.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Most planes have decent 110/240V supplies in them now too, but you'll not get a 3 monitor set up onto your table.
                      And that's where I see this as a solution to no known problem.
                      The idea of a laptop is portability and usability - set it on your lap, a small table, or on a crowded table. It doesn't take up much space to carry or to use.
                      To use a 3 screen laptop, you need a lot of space around you.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X