• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Great TV Licence Scam

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    I resemble that remark!!!
    What, you look like an arse?

Comment

I resemble that remark!!!
      You resemble an Alabaman super-plus-size underwear model.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
        You resemble an Alabaman super-plus-size underwear model.
        Don't diss me whilst I am on my charm offensive!!
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Tax man does the same thing, demanding payments in advance of earnings based on their guess at how much you will earn that tax year. Complain to the revenue adjudicator is the only way to stop it.

Comment

Just had a missed call from the TV Licensing people.

Rang them back and finally got hold of a very pleasant young chap.

I explained to him just why I had cancelled the direct debit after the final payment and he was very understanding.

He cancelled the direct debit at their end too and I await my renewal reminder come June.

Sorted.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              If I could be arsed, I'd cancel my direct debit too and go back to paying it in farthings at the post office.

I'm getting a nice little pile of threatening letters from them for the ZeitParents' house, which can not receive any televisual broadcasts due to the analogue transmissions being terminated.

I'm waiting for the oik to turn up so I can merrily tell him to feck orff and get off moi laaaaaaaaaand before I set the dogs on him.

I haven't got a dog though, so it's a bit of a bluff all in all.
              I can lend you a dog....don't worry.

Comment

I can lend you a dog....don't worry.
                You shouldn't talk about your missus like that.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  You shouldn't talk about your missus like that.
                  My missus is MUCH scarier than a mere dog!!

Comment

Working...
                  X