• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK general forum is tulip.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Good.
    I'm always willing to learn and try different approaches.
    NAT stop being so condescending and listen. I actually like CUK and over the years it's been interesting, useful, funny and yes bloody frustrating. But general is dying, at least to me.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      What a lovely sunny day it is here in South Devon, and no work either!! And can I just wish everyone on CUK a very Happy and Prosperous New Year for 2017?

Feck off, arsewipe And a very happy New Year to you too, old chap!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        NAT stop being so condescending and listen. I actually like CUK and over the years it's been interesting, useful, funny and yes bloody frustrating. But general is dying, at least to me.
        Change?

NAT is more stuck in the mud than a Chinese winkle picker.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Change?

NAT is more stuck in the mud than a Chinese winkle picker.
          Morecambe................and now Wise?
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
            What's going on, every thread that starts off interesting dives into mindless nitpicking and insults. I know we have a warning on general but it's not entertaining just predictable and boring.
            Oh it's not only my impression, I feel more relief now.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
              General is going downhill fast, last death throws.

Its 2017 let's try and make general a better place.

I agree, let's try to make general a better place. When you look at the first page of stories in General, it's hard to know how to improve it from being posts about Europe and stories from the Fail.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                I agree, let's try to make general a better place. When you look at the first page of stories in General, it's hard to know how to improve it from being posts about Europe and stories from the Fail.
                Why don't you start a thread about something then as opposed to bitching like Mariah Carey
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Maybe we should run 'Last post of the day' and whoever gets more wins at the end of the year?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Maybe we should run 'Last post of the day' and whoever gets more wins at the end of the year?
                    I'm confused.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                      Why don't you start a thread about something then as opposed to bitching like Mariah Carey
                      CUK General has now descended into a sort of entrenched Western Front of divided opinions.

In the past it was perfectly possible to passionately disagree with certain posters on a variety of topics, yet be closely allied to them on other issues.
                      Each discussion was individually analysed and personal positions taken and defended.

This, naturally, involved a fair amount of research by all who wished to take a rational and active part in the debates, and a great deal of wit and banter would then ensue which most, if not all, protagonists relished.

What has happened now is that the levels of research have gone through the floor, and too many posters simply resort to siding with whoever it was that agreed with them on whatever the last contentious argument was all about.

It is a lazy stance for the most part but has come about due to the fact that there are way too many inexperienced contributors that are much more comfortable when they have ensconced themselves in a tiny virtuous cocoon of like-minded zealots.

Rather than take the bold step of using a bit of original thinking, it becomes much easier to simply go with the flow of whichever poster happens to be de rigeur at any given time.

I suppose they have much more important issues to be wrestling with, like going on facebook or Instagram to report to their circle of friends just whatever it was that they had for lunch, but it does nothing for the quality of debate on CUK.

The whole problem is not helped by heavy-handed and inconsistent moderation of course, but I suppose you get what you pay for in that regard.

It seems to be a gradual and unavoidable decline, and has resulted in the loss of many valued contributors over the last couple of years.

Still, in the great scheme of things, does it really matter if CUK General ends up losing its reputation for intellectual repartee? I guess not.

Last edited by shaunbhoy; 7 January 2017, 18:06. Reason: Too many big words for the less able
                      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                      X